Thread: Have any SF Jets had to do mock lessons this year?

Default Have any SF Jets had to do mock lessons this year?

My interview is on Friday and I've been prepping for a week, but I haven't put a ton of thought into practicing a mock lesson. I'm not sure if the program discourages interviewees from talking about the current interview questions , but it'd be nice to know if should focus on it before hand.

Default Re: Have any SF Jets had to do mock lessons this year?

Did you consulate tell you you'd need to do a mock lesson? If they didn't, I wouldn't worry about it. I know some consulates have wanted interviewers to prepare mock lessons in the past, but it hasn't been universal.

Otherwise think of something quick and easy, like "I like ____." Focus on something easy and communicative for all levels of learners - food, sports, media etc. You can modify it on the fly as well - if they want a really low level lesson, focus only on speaking. Intermediate lessons might be writing, or incorporating things like "favorite" and "better/more than"; advanced lessons might incorporated synthesis of tense/mood ("I didn't like onions when I was a child, but I like them now."

Ah, good to know. Thanks!

Not out of SF but for my interview they didn't do a mock lesson but asked me how I would teach directions.