Thread: Is this medicine website trustworthy?

Default Is this medicine website trustworthy?

I'm living in Japan and like a lot of girls- I'm struggling with getting access to birth control over here. I just randomly googled the katakana version of the pill I'm on Noriday (ノリディ)and this came up. I seems to be an online pharmacy where I can order my birth control. I'm just unsure if it's trustworthy or not. Does anyone know?

Here is the website:
    https://www.kusuriya3.com/ノリディ-ノルエチステロン-350mcg.html

Default Re: Is this medicine website trustworthy?

Honestly, I've never used them. However, if you can get to Tokyo, there is a clinic there that can give you up to 12months worth of BC at a time for 1800-2500yen each pack. They require a baseline blood test first though (3600yen), but you can walk in and walk out sameday. They do not have Noriday though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    I am a competent, semifunctioning adult of modest landwhale proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    how many more threads in which BJ declares his love for lianwen do we need?

Honestly, I've never used them. However, if you can get to Tokyo, there is a clinic there that can give you up to 12months worth of BC at a time for 1800-2500yen each pack. They require a baseline blood test first though (3600yen), but you can walk in and walk out sameday. They do not have Noriday though.
    Really? Thanks. Could you tell me the name of the clinic?

そねクリニック 公式ページ|新宿駅徒歩3分 JICA健診 頭痛外来

You can even speak to a doctor for free if you have any questions about what kind of pill you need. The doctors can speak some English, too. For an additional fee, you can have your blood test explained by the doctor (I think it's like 200yen) two weeks later (so you'd have to return). The clinic offers plan b, too, and other services like vaccinations and will give you a referral if you need something not offered.

The first time I went, it took about 1hr and I saw the doctor, had my blood drawn, and walked out same day with a 3m supply of the pill. The second time I went, I walked out within 10min with 6m supply of the pill and did not see the doctor or need my blood drawn.

The big perk is you 'reserve' the pill. I'm pretty sure this is so they have enough in stock so you can just walk out same day with what you need. I've also never had an issue booking an appointment for the next day and then not having enough in stock. I've also had a friend who needed plan b walk in and out within a few minutes with the pill - no questions or anything asked. I highly recommend the clinic if it's possible to get to Tokyo over ordering online.

Edit - Plan b can be selected on the menu (プラノバール/PLANOVAR) and according to my friend, she actually wasn't given the pill to take at home - they had her take it there and it was about 5000yen*. Marvelon is available on the menu too and can be used as an emergency contraceptive.

I also found a link to this clinic too: http://pctclinic.com/birth-control/ I've never tried them but they seem incredibly English friendly and look like they may have more options available, but are more expensive. They also have Ella, a type of plan b recommended for heavier women.

*it may be possible to get one to take with you as well - I just noticed you can select more than one on the form ymmv

**I realize you're just asking about BC and I rambled on about Plan B. There's not a lot of information on Plan B in general for foreign women in Japan, so hopefully anyone who googles BC in Japan will see this and be better educated on their options.
    Last edited by Lianwen; February 10th, 2017 at 09:15.
    I am a competent, semifunctioning adult of modest landwhale proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    how many more threads in which BJ declares his love for lianwen do we need?