Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there students you teach that you just dislike or are not fond of?

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: Are there students you teach that you just dislike or are not fond of?

Of course there are students you hate to teach.

I had a sped school that was just terrible. Like, if it weren't for modern medicine they wouldn't have made it past 2 type of sped.

Then there was the year of "FUCK LIFE" in SHS where they had a horrible start and it was just a fight for three fucking years. Like, didn't study and were all super rebels in first year, then blamed everyone but themselves in year two/three when they were now totally fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Default Re: Are there students you teach that you just dislike or are not fond of?

the law of averages dictates that in each school year you will have a handful of favorites, a load of average kids and a couple of utter cunts you can't stand to be around.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

I currently have a female student who has an attitude whenever it's English time. Doesn't listen, doesn't do most of the work, and has an attitude. She can get quite rude too. You know how when you look at someone and can tell if they're the "bad" type. Yeah, that's what happened with her. I don't like her. She's a brat. However, her younger brother is the opposite. He's one of the more lively ones in his class and likes to participate, so I find that interesting.

There was a third grade class (elementary) that I just dreaded teaching, mainly because the kids weren't paying attention, talking over me, and the teacher didn't do sit. There were two times I just wanted to walk out of the classroom. Should've done that. Felt bad for the students who actually paid attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    the law of averages dictates that in each school year you will have a handful of favorites, a load of average kids and a couple of utter cunts you can't stand to be around.
    word
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Professional Fun Killer hypatia's Avatar

Yes, this. And every year there's at least one class of JHS 3年生 that I can't wait to fucking graduate.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    If you're expecting standards, you're in the wrong place.
    Quote Originally Posted by acpc2203 View Post
    The key to ALT work is to have 0 expectations and a terrible work ethic

Quote Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
    Yes, this. And every year there's at least one class of JHS 3年生 that I can't wait to fucking graduate.
    My recently graduated JHS 3rd years were fucking terrible (43 kids) and I hated them all.

In their 2nd year, they were awesome, fun, good at English, and very kind to me.
    That was until the best JTE ever got transferred out and their new JTE turned out to be an emotionless, droning drill troll and they turned on absolutely everyone including myself and other teachers.
    The kids who were friendly with me suddenly hated me because I was guilty by association.
    As soon as they left, everyone in the school heaved a sigh of relief and this year is the first time since coming here that I haven't been verbally abused daily in my JHS (the 3rd year class before them was also pretty awful).
    Not one teacher cried for them at graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by ambrosse View Post
    The kids who were friendly with me suddenly hated me because I was guilty by association.
    Maybe the kids just started to find you irritating after a year with you?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcharisma View Post
    Maybe the kids just started to find you irritating after a year with you?
    A whole year? Alt of the decade right here.

How would changing one teacher in one subject completely change the students? I blame the ALT.

How would changing one teacher in one subject completely change the students? I blame the ALT.
    But how would an alt change anything at all?

The ALT is a convenient scapegoat.

The ALT is a convenient scapegoat.
    Tanaka-sensei, is that you?

To be honest if I adopted a child and it turned out to be a girl I'd be genuinely disappointed.
    It could happen. 1/100.

Farp speaking the truth

How the fuck would that work? They don't just dump the orphans on your doorstep no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    How the fuck would that work? They don't just dump the orphans on your doorstep no questions asked.
    You can adopt babies in the womb before knowing the sex

Some fags are so desperate they'll accept anything

I'm not having no girl
    It could happen. 1/100.

What would you do if you had a son and you couldn't successfully indoctrinate him into the ways of faggotry?

What would you do if you had a son and you couldn't successfully indoctrinate him into the ways of faggotry?
    Genuinely wouldn't want a gay son
    It could happen. 1/100.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frap View Post
    To be honest if I adopted a child and it turned out to be a girl I'd be genuinely disappointed.
    Same here, but boys. My dad was hardly around, I mostly grew up with my mom and sister. My only boy cousins lived in Italy and the states.
    I have nothing against boys, I'm just terrified I'd fuck that kid up since I know next to nothing about boys. Not that I'm exactly a role model for girls either.
    Maybe I just shouldn't breed.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.