Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are there students you teach that you just dislike or are not fond of?

Default Re: Are there students you teach that you just dislike or are not fond of?

It's harder to fuck kids up than it looks.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Default Re: Are there students you teach that you just dislike or are not fond of?

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    It's harder to fuck kids up than it looks.
    Your kid isn't old enough for the damage to be noticable
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Quote Originally Posted by OatsCurrySummer View Post
    as long as you stick to feet whipping the damage shouldn't be noticeable regardless of age. If there are no bruises the gov cant take them away from you.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    as long as you stick to feet whipping the damage shouldn't be noticeable regardless of age. If there are no bruises the gov cant take them away from you.
    Ini with the great advice as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

I'll be sure to use that advice when I adopt a bunch of african kids with some guy I fake gay married so we can get that sweet government money.

Quote Originally Posted by OatsCurrySummer View Post
    Sure he is. You've never seen a psychologically broken two year old before?

Oh yeah. I keep forgetting you grew up a rich white girl. Not getting a free ride through college doesn't count as being damaged by your parents. That's just normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by acpc2203 View Post
    I'll be sure to use that advice when I adopt a bunch of african kids with some guy I fake gay married so we can get that sweet government money.
    "fake"
    It could happen. 1/100.

"gay"

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuralily View Post
    I know it sounds bad but are there students you teach that you don't like at all? Asking out of curiosity.
    There are few. Don't feel bad about this at all. It's, as you can tell from the other posts, totally normally to have students you don't like. The 13-16 age range in any culture is the same (they tend to think they know everything). I wouldn't worry too much about this. As long as they aren't disrupting the class or being a pain outside the classroom I wouldn't give it much thought.

I have a number of kids I don't like teaching.

I nickname a handful of them "ikakusai" kids because they have a look on their face like they just masturbate at home all day and then come to school and do nothing. It's not just that they don't care about English, it's almost like they're active about not giving a shit, and they go around and disrupt class and make lewd comments about the female ALTs to boot.

We also have an intellectually disabled kid who is actually smart, but he hides behind his communicative disability. He stutters and struggles to push words out, but he has a capable brain. He then uses this as a shield to do random, inappropriate outbursts, often trying to wind up me or the other ALTs and he thinks it's funny to make us angry. I'm far too easy a target for that, too. When I help him with his English he only speaks to me in Japanese, and only ever responds to Japanese. When he speaks to me and only me, his Japanese is slurred and incomprehensible. When another teacher is present to help, he explains himself very clearly and there is no problem. It's incredibly frustrating and his flagrant attitude gets to me. One time I asked him if he thought of himself as a yanki kid, and he said "not quite, but something close to that", with a shit-eating grin on his face.

Damn right I dislike that kid, and I'm not allowed to complain because he's got a disability. Right royal pain in my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SareHoudai View Post
    I have a number of kids I don't like teaching.

I nickname a handful of them "ikakusai" kids because they have a look on their face like they just masturbate at home all day and then come to school and do nothing. It's not just that they don't care about English, it's almost like they're active about not giving a shit, and they go around and disrupt class and make lewd comments about the female ALTs to boot.

We also have an intellectually disabled kid who is actually smart, but he hides behind his communicative disability. He stutters and struggles to push words out, but he has a capable brain. He then uses this as a shield to do random, inappropriate outbursts, often trying to wind up me or the other ALTs and he thinks it's funny to make us angry. I'm far too easy a target for that, too. When I help him with his English he only speaks to me in Japanese, and only ever responds to Japanese. When he speaks to me and only me, his Japanese is slurred and incomprehensible. When another teacher is present to help, he explains himself very clearly and there is no problem. It's incredibly frustrating and his flagrant attitude gets to me. One time I asked him if he thought of himself as a yanki kid, and he said "not quite, but something close to that", with a shit-eating grin on his face.

Damn right I dislike that kid, and I'm not allowed to complain because he's got a disability. Right royal pain in my ass.
    You should fart next to him sometime.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

This year the entire year group of 2nd year JHS could die in a fire and it wouldn't overly upset me.

This year the entire year group of 2nd year JHS could die in a fire and it wouldn't overly upset me.
    Yeah but you gotta give those poor bastards a grain of salt. Even now I'm getting students in 2中 whose mothers are already forcing them into taking juku lessons to prep for high school entrance exams.

I don't know wtf happened but in the last 2 years or so, the line has been pushed back, especially for JH and Elem.

That being said, I have a student that never does his homework and I wanna make him scrub the toilets with a toothbrush.

If never does their homework was the worst thing that could be said about these fuckers I'd be a happy camper.

I got a few who literally do nothing the whole day, either sleep or just stare blankly around. If you have them later in the day they just have a pile of blank worksheets from the other classes on their desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Torinn88 View Post
    Yeah but you gotta give those poor bastards a grain of salt. Even now I'm getting students in 2中 whose mothers are already forcing them into taking juku lessons to prep for high school entrance exams.

I don't know wtf happened but in the last 2 years or so, the line has been pushed back, especially for JH and Elem.

That being said, I have a student that never does his homework and I wanna make him scrub the toilets with a toothbrush.
    The changes to high school entrance examinations IIRC after next year are probably fueling that. I've got first years who go to juku because their parents are nervous that the won't make it into high school under the new system. It's never the ones you want to go to juku that do it though.

I used to think I disliked some of my Japanese students, but then I started teaching in the US. I'm thinking of becoming a lifetime member of the NRA now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    I used to think I disliked some of my Japanese students, but then I started teaching in the US.
    Loooool