Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Somewhat Late 2017 Placements Thread

Default Re: The Somewhat Late 2017 Placements Thread

Yeah but come on, our fear of the adult world and minor issues with self-loathing wouldn't be a drop in the ocean for this guy.

PS - OP, please stick around and provide more reading material like that. Quite possibly the greatest car-crash JET blog ever.
    Last edited by mrcharisma; June 1st, 2017 at 07:49.

Quote Originally Posted by hamu View Post
    I ended up in Aomori! The closest city is 40 minutes by car but I'm happy with my placement. I couldn't find any blogs but at least my predecessor has been really nice.

I'm reading through that blog you found now...oh dear haha
    I like Aomori... Not sure if I'd want to live there. But it's nice to visit.

Glad y'all got a kick out of it. I'm not too concerned either, I'll just have to paper-bag the vodka while drinking outside I guess.

Oh man there's a follow-up blog too?! I know what I'm reading tonight. Maybe that's what I'll do until I leave, try to find the most disastrous JET blogs and compile them into a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    I guess if the past 3 ALTs all did something unspeakable and before that you had a plague of Russian viking LARPers you might just not care anymore.
    Honestly with the bar set so high I'm not even sure what to do? Do I just torch the whole damn eastern seaboard of Hokkaido on my way out?

Quote Originally Posted by Madjawa View Post
    Honestly with the bar set so high I'm not even sure what to do? Do I just torch the whole damn eastern seaboard of Hokkaido on my way out?
    Honestly while I'm sure this guy was a loony, unless he's totally making things up this might well be a dud placement. There are a fair few stories of Hokkaido BoEs being shady as well.

I guess keep an open mind and do your best but if they turn out to be tits then don't feel bad about taking a new job in a place you actually want to live in. There's nothing wrong with using JET "just to get a visa". I don't understand how employers that treat you as a disposable tool are surprised when you turn around and treat them the same way.

Honestly his relating of a ps3 samurai game to his own life got me real good.

Quote Originally Posted by beetle View Post
    Honestly his relating of a ps3 samurai game to his own life got me real good.
    "the story that I really liked the most was surprisingly Toyotomi Hideyoshi’s...Of course, Hideyoshi also did a lot of stupid things as well..."
    He came so close to self-awareness. SO CLOSE.