Thread: Leaving jet

Default Leaving jet

Long story short- I have to leave jet and going back home in a few days.
    I told my CO and they lost it, going so far as to claim they could stop me at immigration.

My question is, was it an empty threat to get me to stay here or can the Jet program and my CO actually stop me from leaving Japan? I'm American if that helps at all.
    Last edited by MariaJohnson; September 17th, 2017 at 16:29. Reason: Typo

Default Re: Leaving jet

If you have unpaid bills they can stop you at the airport from leaving. If you only arrived this summer it's likely that your CO could bill you for the flight over, tokyo orientation etc etc. if you have settled every bill, paid any taxes and don't owe any money to anyone then you can't be held against your will just because some poxy BOE will be without an ALT for a while.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: Leaving jet

Your CO cannot stop you at immigration without extensive proof. Flee the country and you will be in a long line of ALTs who have fucked off. It's a totally non issues, good travels to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.