Thread: The application forms - minor details/mistakes that could cause you to be rejected??

Default The application forms - minor details/mistakes that could cause you to be rejected??

So firstly I know this is going to be silly, but we all know how pedantic they can be about the format and instructions of the forms. I'm not sure if all the countries have the exact same forms; I'm applying from South Africa if that makes a difference.

One thing is the blue pen. Everything must be in blue ink. That one cannot be more clear.

Things that I am still unclear of: the writing, the chart sheet codes, and the dates.

They say to use block letters. As far as I understand this means everything you write you write in plain capital letter. Yes, no?

For the question concerning the interview location it says to use the chart to get the code of your location, but if your location is not listed you have to write it out in full. My location is listed. Does this mean I only write in the code and nothing more, or do I write in the code and the name of my location in full?

Then the form says the years must be written using the Anno Domini (AD) system. Does this mean each year should end in AD? For example when I write the date for when I started my PGCE would it be February 20, 2017 AD?

Again, I know these are silly questions, but I want to be absolutely sure I get this right.
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: The application forms - minor details/mistakes that could cause you to be rejecte

I'd recommend stop overthinking this or it's going to drive you crazy.
    For example, I don't think you would need to write AD. Just writing 2017 is using the system. I think that's just a warning to weebs not to use the Japanese dating system.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Default Re: The application forms - minor details/mistakes that could cause you to be rejecte

Though I'd recommend certain users here put a BC beside their date of birth so as not to cause confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Oats rolls out the wittiest ITIL comment in months and it's in a thread where no-one will read it
    Last edited by mrcharisma; October 17th, 2017 at 06:03.