Thread: Ad relevance

Default Ad relevance

Hi all,

I will be tweaking the adverts over the coming days to make them more relevant to JET/Japan/Travel etc.
    I have noticed that were some very irrelevant ads appearing - hopefully after the changes have been made these will reduce in frequency.

Please, as always, consider allowing ads to be displayed on this site. It is the main way we pay for the server costs to keep the site online.

Thank you
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: Ad relevance

ITIL mobile doesn't have any ads, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    ITIL mobile doesn't have any ads, I don't think.
    Yes I think you're right. Something to work on!

At the moment we are only bringing in £1/month from ads. It used to be £10 to 15/month. That, coupled with no donations (unless I do a donation drive - which I hate doing), does cause concern.

We need to have better ad revenue to reduce the reliance on a huge push approaching the renewal date. In recent years I've seriously considered closing the site because it just looks like the traffic isn't there to warrant the yearly cost.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

How much are the lack of hits and the registration issues related? As an old man I like to think small compared to reddit forums have a place on the internet still, but really if with registration working no one wants to talk about JET outside of reddit, maybe our time is just passed. I should move on to getting banned on reddit instead.

Mobile now has ads at the bottom.
    Tapatalk still ad free.

Registration problems certainly didn't help! I said 200 users had signed up but had not been sent a registration confirmation email, but not one of those 200 users contacted me via the Contact us page (Contact Us - ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum) to report a registration problem - it's one of the options on the page. Actually now I think of it, maybe that failed too as it relies on the same email system to send that message to me. Hmm, that's quite a design failure on part of VBulletin - it should really have sent me a PM on the site - at least that way it would have been picked up.