Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: English Textbook insanity

Default Re: English Textbook insanity

Got around to reading the extra guides and shit for the new elementary school curriculum. Whoever wrote a couple of the guides has no idea that Hi, Friends is included in We Can, and one of the other guides never looked at the MEXT recommended curriculum, which itself is a bit odd. (Also, isn't Laksh a boy's name?)

Laksh is a name?

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Getting real tired of kids snickering every time a black person appears in the textbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Really, black people? Everyone knows you gotta complain about the obviously Chinese(or other vaguely East Asian ethnicity) people the non-Japanese publishers tried to pass off as "Yuki Tanaka, The Japanese Exchange Student".

Really, black people? Everyone knows you gotta complain about the obviously Chinese(or other vaguely East Asian ethnicity) people the non-Japanese publishers tried to pass off as "Yuki Tanaka, The Japanese Exchange Student".
    They need more beautiful people. I can honestly say that the reason I lost interest in studying French was because they only had pictures of uggos in the textbooks and videos.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I remember the old version of sunshine had an Indian character named Balu.

Then you end up with your JHS boys frantically searching for Ellen Baker erogazo on their phones under the desk.
    At least they're motivated. If you aren't inspiring stimulation, you're doing it wrong.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Didn't they end up recalling that book? I remember hearing something like that.

Then you end up with your JHS boys frantically searching for Ellen Baker erogazo on their phones under the desk.
    I saw a New Horizons calendar at Tokyu Hands and bought it for my second graders so they don't have to.
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Quote Originally Posted by OatsCurrySummer View Post
    I saw a New Horizons calendar at Tokyu Hands and bought it for my second graders so they don't have to.
    One or more of my JTEs might have bought a few of those and put them in a few classrooms...

One or more of my JTEs might have bought a few of those and put them in a few classrooms...
    None of the pages sticking together, right?

Have you seen the MEXT phonics videos?
    発音トレーニング2 banana violin - YouTube

I've only used them once in class (as a punishment for a losing team in a game).

Quote Originally Posted by TachikawaTruffle View Post
    Have you seen the MEXT phonics videos?
    発音トレーニング2 banana violin - YouTube

I've only used them once in class (as a punishment for a losing team in a game).
    I showed a few to my HRTs, but they're 'muzukashii' in a few ways. Mostly that the HRTs don't know how to use the network connections in their classrooms so they can't play anything off the internet...

Putting aside New Horizons calendars, one of the local JTEs has hung up a poster for the movie "Sensei" at their JHS.

I had the talk with the ES technology supervisor about the We Can digital textbook. Something like 6 Gb for each grade year...

yeah, but you can install it to the server if you want rather than having to go around and install it on every classroom computer.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by TachikawaTruffle View Post
    Putting aside New Horizons calendars, one of the local JTEs has hung up a poster for the movie "Sensei" at their JHS.
    Nice.