Thread: GDPR

Default GDPR

GDPR is causing me immense headaches.
    I'm tempted to close the site today in order to avoid getting a huge fine for non-compliance.

I attempted to set up a mailchimp email list to contact everyone and get their opt-in permission, but mailchimp disallowed the list as there is a high bounce rate possibility.
    I really don't know how to go about cleaning up the list.

I just feel it's just not worth the effort.

I'd like to hear your views.

Edit: I have done the following:
    1: Email all members giving everyone the option of deleting their account (all posts would then be converted to a guest post).
    2: Turn "Receive admin email" off for all members
    3: Remind members in the above mentioned email that they should set "Receive admin email" ON if they wish to receive admin emails. NOTE: notification emails such as Topic replies and PMs have not been changed as this is a beneficial function of the site. If you wish to turn these off, you can by going to your profile settings.

If you have any privacy concerns or anything else related to GDPR, please do not hesitate to get in touch and I will do my best to help with your request.

Thanks
    Last edited by Beer Baron; May 25th, 2018 at 00:31.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: GDPR

Kind of sucks even a tiny place like this has to be in compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Kind of sucks even a tiny place like this has to be in compliance.
    Yep. I've seen sites just close or refuse access to EU residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about it, specifically because you don't have enough money to warrant sueing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Good way looking at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk