Thread: 6 classes a day at elementary school, plus before school class.

Default 6 classes a day at elementary school, plus before school class.

Hi,
    I visit one school where i get no prep time and i teach all 6 classes myself, plus a class before of.15 min as a intro to English.

What should i / can i say to my dispatch company? The next day i teach 5 classes at ES, and i have done one week and feel pretty tired already and a bit depressed.
    I have to repeat have to eat with students, its on my schedules time, and i must clean, Kocho sensei comes around to clean near me and i cant be just sitting there.

Thank you

Default Re: 6 classes a day at elementary school, plus before school class.

What’s the rest of the weeks schedule like?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

can't you just be sitting there? what will happen if you don't clean? have you tried?

also... you have classes during the summer?

what does your contract say?

ahhh, makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by antilles43 View Post
    Hi,
    I visit one school where i get no prep time and i teach all 6 classes myself, plus a class before of.15 min as a intro to English.

What should i / can i say to my dispatch company? The next day i teach 5 classes at ES, and i have done one week and feel pretty tired already and a bit depressed.
    I have to repeat have to eat with students, its on my schedules time, and i must clean, Kocho sensei comes around to clean near me and i cant be just sitting there.

Thank you
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

weird

Quote Originally Posted by sheilaanderson View Post
    Hi,

Thank you
    How long is a period? I've had different times in different schools: 35, 40, and 55 minutes so obviously 6 classes of 55 minutes vs. 6 classes of 35 minutes makes a big difference (or are most Japanese schools the same in this respect?)

What's your contract with the dispatch company? How many hours? If you have a contract that states x hours and school A is making you do x hours, what can you possibly say to them? If not why do you not just tell them you are contracted for x hours not y hours.

In my school (not in Japan) my schedule is kind of weird with a really packed Monday and Friday yet Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are a breeze. To give you an idea: Monday 7 x 55 minute lessons (every second Monday it's 6 x 55mins), and Wednesday only 3 x 55 minute lessons! It's great when Monday is over but as you mention it is tiring. How is your weekly schedule?

Kocho sensei comes around to clean near me and i cant be just sitting there.
    Did I miss the first episode when Kocho sensei was introduced?

It’s a bot so I’m afraid you are just shouting into the void at this point.

Some of my best conversations have been with bots.

小潴先生

I thought it was a troll at first but why go on this site and create this nonsense then? And it was my first post since 2016 on this site

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Also did you think there was a teacher who was named "kocho sensei"?
    What's the reference then? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by elmaldito; August 2nd, 2018 at 15:13.

It's the principal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    ahhh, makes sense
    LOL Good catch--I approved the thread, but I remember making a comment in the notes, 'cause something about it seemed fishy. Should've been paying more attention!
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.