I decided to just turn it down, since if I continued to go on and then got a placement but declined it I would be blacklisted, I believe for a while, so this allows me to reapply next year without any worries. I think. Plus, I've just been tired of the limbo. Though who knows. I think I'd like to stay at my current job for two years, but no clue what will happen after that.