Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Local moderators

VIP

Default WANTED: Local moderators

Hi,

I think it would be useful for each region to have a moderator for their regional board.

For obvious reasons, I wont be checking the Hokkaido board that often.....

Just PM me or Paul and let me know which area you'd like to represent.

Matt
    Mabushiii!!!

What exactly does the job involve ... and how much do we get paid!!?!?

Just kidding about the second part! I'd love to do it but don't have a computer and possibly no internet access for a while.

Oh well, maybe when I buy a laptop over there!
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

VIP

Quote Originally Posted by dobharrison
    What exactly does the job involve ... and how much do we get paid!!?!?

Just kidding about the second part! I'd love to do it but don't have a computer and possibly no internet access for a while.

Oh well, maybe when I buy a laptop over there!
    Dob, if thats the case, how the hell do you manage to have the 2nd most posts on the entire site (after Mr 2004JET with 3900 posts) ???

The job involves moderating your local board, so you can put up sticky threads and announcements, delete offensive / spam posts, and basically play GOD for the benefit of your fellow local members.

Matt
    Mabushiii!!!

That's a secret, Matt - I have my ways.

Actually, my post was a bit unclear - I use my parent's PC while in the UK and I'm always on the internet at work. :x

What I meant was, when I get to Japan I won't have a computer until I save up enough for a laptop, so I'll be relying on internet cafes or my school (fingers crossed) to get online. So I won't be able to be online all that often. I suspect you'll see my rate of posting start to decrease then!

And who exactly is this Mr 2004JET!?! I'm gonna kick his ass for beating me!
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Not really interested in been a moderator, but could you stickify the chubu info thread please

I'll do it, but my situation is the same as Dobs. Oita here
    "could you use a slave, you hairy bunch of Ishmolites?"
    www.oitajets.com

VIP

Ok then Shotokai.

I wouldnt worry, I tend to check the Kyushu forum more often than the others for some reason. Must be the amazing personalities in there.

Anyway,

Matt

PS. 300 posts. Eat that Dob!!
    Mabushiii!!!

God, you're so petty with your number of posts, Matt! I really feel sorry for you. But I'll still beat you, sucker!

Actually, I would like to be moderator for the Chugoku board. Do I need any HTML knowledge? Would it matter if I couldn't get online for a few weeks when I'm I arrive in Japan?

VIP

No and No.

You just get some extra options, eg deleting other ppl's posts, stickying, announcements.

Matt

PS. to sticky a topic, you have to edit the first post in the thread.
    Mabushiii!!!

hometown: Perth, Western Australia - Was a JET in Yabu-shi, Hyogo-ken for 5 years, now in Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamis
    No and No.

You just get some extra options, eg deleting other ppl's posts, stickying, announcements.

Matt

PS. to sticky a topic, you have to edit the first post in the thread.
    Sure.. I'll put my hand up for the Hyogo area? or do I need to do a bigger area?

and same situation as dob.. no comp / internet when I first get to Japan.

G

Hi Matt,

I could do the Kansai (or just Nara?) if you like...

I will hopefully be taking a laptop to J land so should be able to get on line. At least I know there is a phone line in the building!

The next couple of weeks are a bit busy for me (yukky OFSTED inspection) but after that I'm your girl!

Let me know what it involved, how often it needs to be checked etc, and I'll take it on. The Kansai board has been a bit quiet of late anyway....

Hannah X

I could do Hokkaido, if no one else wants the job.

Thank you, Matt.

I know I will do you proud (sniff!).

God bless you, man.

Hiya Matt,

I'd offer to mod for Tohoku, but I'm also aware that I might experience some internet downtime as soon as I get over there.

Have you factored in the fact that it could take a couple of weeks for people to get up to 'modding speed' once we are in Japan?

C.

VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius
    Hiya Matt,

I'd offer to mod for Tohoku, but I'm also aware that I might experience some internet downtime as soon as I get over there.

Have you factored in the fact that it could take a couple of weeks for people to get up to 'modding speed' once we are in Japan?

C.
    I imagine we'll all be a bit busy to be posting much for a few weeks anyway, so i dont think its an issue really.

Matt
    Mabushiii!!!

VIP

Theres not really any major responsibilities Hannah. Just check the board as normal.

This just means that you can take care of things yourself, without having to ask Paul or I to sticky threads, delete spam, etc..

Do as much or as little as you like. You can even share the job if you dont have time...

Matt
    Mabushiii!!!

hometown: Perth, Western Australia - Was a JET in Yabu-shi, Hyogo-ken for 5 years, now in Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamis
    Theres not really any major responsibilities Hannah. Just check the board as normal.

This just means that you can take care of things yourself, without having to ask Paul or I to sticky threads, delete spam, etc..

Do as much or as little as you like. You can even share the job if you dont have time...

Matt
    I can help Hannah do the Kansai one if you like... she can do Nara, I can do Hyogo... we can share the rest? or find minions to do our bidding

OK then...

That is me keeping my beady teacher eye on Nara :x and Gareth (Cottamg) on the Hyogo forum and we can share the rest of Kansai between us!

Cool G, ta very much for that!

Sorted!

Hannah X

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah
    OK then...

That is me keeping my beady teacher eye on Nara :x and Gareth (Cottamg) on the Hyogo forum and we can share the rest of Kansai between us!

Cool G, ta very much for that!

Sorted!

Hannah X
    not a problem.. I'm here to help.. us Hyogo-ken types have to stick together!...

plus.. I like to be in control.. *wink wink*

Matt,

There are four little circular icons at the bottom of each Chugoku thread. Can you explain what they do?

Thanks!