Thread: Online Application FYI

Default Online Application FYI

I noticed that the online application was HTML sensitive for some of the boxes (such as employment) and realized that it looks much nicer if you HTML format. This prevents all the text from forming one concatenated string when viewing it online. I decided to ask tech support for the online application and here's the response I got:

"Hello jermlab,

HTML tags are copied literally into the PDF output. So they will appear ugly and are inadvisable. The HTML tags do affect what is seen on the web pages containing saved record in the multiple record questions (contact, school, courses, Japan related studies…) BUT will show up on the PDF as littorals /B> and will not affect formatting.

So, please do not use HTML when inputting your answers into to application. Thank you. "

Hope this helps.

Oh, also, I found this over on the JETJAPAN livejournal community
    So I met with one of the ladies who reviews applications for the Consulate in Atlanta and she cleared up my question on the grade part of the classes.

Here you're simply supposed to write "100 level," "200 level," etc, not the grade received.

Also, on jobs or other things that require a date, since you can't write present or current in the dates section if it's a continuing gig, she said to write the date the application was due (11/29/05) and they'll know what you mean.

She said they're still working out some glitches with the online application process and that she'll contact DC about some of the confusion going on.

Hope that helps some of you out
    Dunno if anyone's going to read that before it's too late, but since there were questions before...[/quote]
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.

Default two questions!

Hi,
    1) Could you please explain this HTML business a little more?
    How do I not fill it out in HTML?

2) I called the Consulate of Japan in my area about the inability to put "present" in the online form for a date, and was told to put the date of departure for the Jet Program July 1st, 2006.

Kuki

Default Re: Online Application FYI

just dont write like this and you will be fine
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Default Re: two questions!

Quote Originally Posted by kuki
    How do I not fill it out in HTML?
    You don't type any html tags to not fill it out in HTML. If you don't know HTML, then don't worry, you can't accidentally code unless you know at least a little about what you're doing.
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.

Default Re: Online Application FYI

Quote Originally Posted by IniKamoze

just dont write like this and you will be fine

tsk tsk Ini. was that the laymen or the prophet speaking? because it was neither funny nor useful.

Default Thanks and something else!

Thank you very much for all of your replies.
    I also wanted to ask what you make of the conflicting info coming from the diufferent consulates of Japan in the USA.
    I already mentioned how I was told to fill in the date July 1st, 2006 instead of "present". This is different from what "quasarsglow" was told.
    I had also asked about the grade part of the Japanese studies section and was clearly told that you should enter the grade that you got for that class.
    Any ideas????

If you talked to your consulate, why are you confused. Do what they say. That's where you'll be interviewed.

Every consulate around the world is different in terms of their application process, so just pay attention to the one where you'll be applying to!
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Quote Originally Posted by dobharrison
    Every consulate around the world is different in terms of their application process, so just pay attention to the one where you'll be applying to!
    Hello echo.

Nishiazai-cho, Shiga-ken ---> California, USA

Quote Originally Posted by quasarsglow
    Hello echo.
    Hello Echo...echo...echo...
    You got the BFG 9000...Oh yes!!

another world class post, christ almighty you little shit are you capable of anything other than going "I agree"
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by IniKamoze
    another world class post, christ almighty you little shit are you capable of anything other than going "I agree"
    I agree...

Question was answered...useful discussion seems to have ended...

Thread Locked...