Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's DB?

Default What's DB?

In searching through the forums over the last week I've seen "DB" mentioned several times. I gather that it's another JET related site/forum but I don't know what it stands for, so I can't find it. Help is appreciated...

retired

I think you mean BD. Its for Big Daikon.

Wow. Fast responses. Thanks.

If this site is a cute little Poodle, BD is a giant slobbering German Shepherd that tries to hump your leg. Nothing wrong with that (and some people may get off on it) but just FYI.
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

At this point I'm just trying to glean as much info as I can. And besides, I hate small dogs :wink:

Fair enough, but expect to be covered in sticky slobber.
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

I want to make a BD metaphor, too.

Quote Originally Posted by dobharrison
    If this site is a cute little Poodle, BD is
    it's asshole.

Fair enough, but expect to be covered in sticky slobber.
    Would that be better or worse than cat spit?

/inside joke
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.

I've been lurking for the past few weeks and there are a few people here who I see as being less-than-helpful in their responses to other peoples' posts; and some of 'em are straight up assholes, making me wonder how their attitudes even got them on the JET program in the first place. Are you guys saying that I'll see more of that over at BD?

Nishiazai-cho, Shiga-ken ---> California, USA

Quote Originally Posted by aural_fixation
    Are you guys saying that I'll see more of that over at BD?
    You will see a shitload of it in SYM (thats all SYM really is) and youll even find some in the incoming section...in BDs defense i found some VERY good info in their incoming forum...you just gotta look for it...once you get on youll probably find you would rather talk to the people here (i know i did) but as far as gleaning as much helpful info as you can...looking through here and BD isnt such a bad idea...
    You got the BFG 9000...Oh yes!!

I've been lurking for the past few weeks and there are a few people here who I see as being less-than-helpful in their responses to other peoples' posts; and some of 'em are straight up assholes, making me wonder how their attitudes even got them on the JET program in the first place. Are you guys saying that I'll see more of that over at BD?
    I'm curious as to who you mean ... and how you seem to know so much about them.

I'm curious as to who you mean ... and how you seem to know so much about them.
    It's not you, nor is it anyone who has posted in response to any of my inquiries. I don't claim to know "so much" about them, but I tend to evaluate people based on how they treat others.

Its an internet forum...youll find assholes in all of them...and yes i do feel youll find more of them on BD...hence why dont post there very often...

I think a lot of the abusive behavior starts when noobs post questions on BD that can be answered by simply reading the directions and/or applying a little common sense. This in turn irritates some of the regulars, giving what might be a well-deserved tongue lashing for being so stupid and/or lazy.

Unfortunately, it gets out of hand pretty easily. I think what happens is that, since this kind of behavior is tolerated (and sometimes even glorified) BD regulars will apply it to newbies even when their questions are legitimate.

I’m a noob myself, and I’m often surprised by some of the question people ask. If they’d just read the goddamned web site, they’d have all the answer they’re looking for. Yet, I’ve seen a lot of people with good questions getting abused for no good reason. Ultimately, I think you just have to let it slide off your back. If you act like a mature adult, they’re the one’s who end up looking foolish, imho.

aural_fixation, just curious here, since your first post here about BD have you taken any time to go over there and check it out? If you have any impressions that you would care to share here?

If this site is a cute little Poodle, BD is a giant slobbering German Shepherd that tries to hump your leg. Nothing wrong with that (and some people may get off on it) but just FYI.
    Great analogy there dob

why was that deleted?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Keep your crap in the general forum ini...if you dont have something nice or at least helpful to say...then dont post in this forum... :x

so irrelevant stuff is ok as long as its nice? wow its like a kittie chan dictatorship
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by IniKamoze
    so irrelevant stuff is ok as long as its nice? wow its like a kittie chan dictatorship

Depends on how "irrelevant" it is...i deleted your post mainly because you called aural_fixation stupid...that turns newbies off to this forum...if you wanna call people stuff do it in the general forum not here...

Now get back on topic...