Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is the books thread locked!?!

Default Why is the books thread locked!?!

The topic hasn't finished. What's going on?
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

looks like the necron lord has his panties in a bunch, and I thought he was the new applicants moderator.....
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

So why lock it? Why not just delete the offending messages and allow what was an interesting thread to continue?
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

well keep it going here.

what was the last book you read? Any good? Any quivering bosoms and strapping farm hands?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

It was about gay men in the navy. Not too many bosoms.

Wow I read that as well, didnt you think the part about bilge pumps was unnessesarily graphic?

Well, fair enough - you're the boss. But isn't that approach just going to stifle debate? I'm all for deleting offensive posts, but it seems unfair to punish everyone else by locking interesting threads.

hmm, a high horse he is on.
    "could you use a slave, you hairy bunch of Ishmolites?"
    www.oitajets.com

Who?

I'm not talking about 'no moderation' versus 'moderation'! I agreed that we needed some heavy moderation in the newbie forum, and I think that's working well with Doomer at the helm. I also agree that some moderation is necessary in the non-general related forums, so I don't have a problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is threads being locked for no apparent reason! If there were offensive posts, then delete or edit them and/or make it clear that the posters were out of line. If it gets more serious than that, then posters can be warned and eventually banned from the site. In my view, locking threads only punishes those posters who actually want a serious discussion and should only be used in extreme situations when deleting offending posts just wouldn't be enough.

I'm not trying to make things harder for you, Paul; I was just surprised that the 'book's thread had been locked and wondered why.

Fair enough, mate. I can be a whiney bugger when I want to be!

yeah I buggered a wino once.....shit did i say that out loud?

No, but you said 'wank!' very loudly.

Dob, you can have my job if you want. I am fed up of chasing Ini around to make sure he is behaving. I would have called his Mum in for a chat by now and had him sorted if I could!

If the thread is locked at least the posts have to stop. It's a pain in the arse to have to check every thread for something that had broken the rules. You wanna do it, please ask Paul.

I have a life that I wanna get one with.
    Over-optimism modest chocolate and a soft marshmallow lead you in elegant tea time.

In a way, I'd like to have a go but don't think I'd do a very good job. I seem to be one of the biggest trolls on here!

why not just make everyone an admin or moderator, it seems like you are halfway there already

Actually Dob... you are not too much of a problem. The trolling is usually started by someone else (ini!) and you just follow!!! I know you are a wannabe troll, but sorry! You are not that bad.
    Over-optimism modest chocolate and a soft marshmallow lead you in elegant tea time.

No, don't say such things! Poo, wee, piddle, fart!

what is this? x-rated trumpton?

"Pugh, Pugh, BarneyMcGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub"