Thread: Does anyone know how to use a photocopier?

Default Does anyone know how to use a photocopier?

Now with 25% less sugar! Auburn's Avatar

Well, in my experience, they were pretty anal... I have two degrees, and I applied on the basis of my final degree (that is, I filled out all the forms and photocopied the parchment from my final degree). However, since it showed up on my transcripts that I had two degrees, someone actually called me from the embassy and insisted that I send documentation and transcripts of my first degree. And they wanted it in the mail THE SAME DAY, which was a problem, as the university was in a different city. So, they didn't immediately disqualify my application, but they did cause me headaches with their nit picky-ness.

On the other hand, whats the difference between official and photocopied anyway? Still in my experience they were anal rat bastards. So, it might be better to just do as they ask and save trouble later. Besides, photcopying takes, like, 3 seconds, so what the problem, really?

You give in a photocopy because, for most people, it’s cheaper than sending the originals. The JET application process has the nice little quirk of hoarding every little thing that is sent their way. If I were you, I’d try to keep originals of everything you send. Stop being a tight git and get some photocopying done!

Also, yes JET is incredibly anal about everything. Some people say it’s deliberate, and done in an attempt to weed out apathetic applicants. Personally I think it’s just because of the magnitude of the programme; they have such an abundance of applicants that they can afford to be so anal.

Yeah, I'd assume they'll be amazingly anal. Why risk not being selected because of something like this?
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

They way I look at it, they aren't being anal so much as expecting people to follow directions. In their minds, if you can't follow directions, then it isn't worth their time to read your app. It's prolly just a time-saving process for them.
    "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

At the JET info session, the rep said that applicants can send in 3 original transcripts if they want. She went on to say, however, that she feels bad ever time she opens an application and sees three originals because the applicant has basically wasted their money. Someone in the group pointed out that some schools don't charge for transcripts anymore, so that's not always the case. She said okay, and we moved on to the next question.

VIP

I think that sums it up. They want 3 copies of your transcript. They want one official one to see its real. If you send 3 official ones, they wont care. They just dont want to photocopy them themselves, is all. Just dont send in 3 copies and no original.

Matt
    Mabushiii!!!

Why are we getting lots of questions that are quite clearly answered on the JET website? I know people are nervous and all, but come on!
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Nishiazai-cho, Shiga-ken ---> California, USA

DOB!! take out your frustrations elsewhere please :x
    You got the BFG 9000...Oh yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer
    DOB!! take out your frustrations elsewhere please :x
    Is it not relevant to the question?

Just trying to make this a welcoming place...i dont think calling a question stupid makes this a very welcoming place...but maybe i did jump the gun a little my apologies dob...im gonna write up a faq and get these questions permanently answered...

FAQ up...hopefully now that some answers are in an obvious place we wont have this problem anymore!!! While I do agree that people need to think before they post this is also a very stressful time for the applicants (nothing compared to the interview but still) I think Shotokai put it well
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotokai
    as for inane questions. I remember how stressful it was and there is no question that we can't try to answer, even if it is only to say "call your embassy".
    I was the same as many of these newbies this time last year...we were all there once...
    But yeah the FAQ...Check it out!! If I forgot something post away and ill see to it that it gets onto the FAQ!!

Anyways problem solved (I hope!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer
    my apologies dob...
    No need! I'm not so perfect I know all the answers!