Thread: Acting out movie scenes in class?

Default Acting out movie scenes in class?

I'm writing the curriculum for the 3rd-year Oral Communication course and part of my plan is to have them learn and act out scenes from famous movies in groups. However, I'm not sure which movies / scenes to use. Any ideas?
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Nishiazai-cho, Shiga-ken ---> California, USA

Think Disney!
    You got the BFG 9000...Oh yes!!

Good God, no!!!!

I know you're right, really.

I'm thinking Mary Poppins...
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Nishiazai-cho, Shiga-ken ---> California, USA

Give em extra points if they can pull off saying Supercalafargalisticixpialidocious.
    You got the BFG 9000...Oh yes!!

Nice idea. That's if they can survive the rooftop chimney dancing contest.

Star wars!

Or Harry Potter.

Something current at least.

Nothing worse or more boring for kids to be acting out stuff from films they don't know or want to know, and that are older than they are!

Or Spiderman, my kids are totally mad for spiderman.

Another idea would be something from an anime. Get them to act out the anime in English - any one will have subtitiles you can transcribe.

KN
    oiuyniyu98h987h89yh87y98yjn987j987y897yhkiuk;''''

sorry.. there was a spider on my keyboard.

Great ideas! I need scenes with 4-5 people in them, preferably. Some of the Harry Potter classroom scenes would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by dobharrison
    Great ideas! I need scenes with 4-5 people in them, preferably. Some of the Harry Potter classroom scenes would be good.
    You could do the flying lesson from the first book. It'd be funny to see a bunch of highschool kids running around on brooms pretending to fly. The same brooms could then double for props in that chimney sweep scene from Mary Poppins (which I want to see pictures of, btw).
    "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Awesome idea, but I don't know how many of them could abandon their inhibitions like that! Using the 'flying lesson' scene is a good idea, though.

I want to use Titanic, but need a scene with more than 2 people in it (and no kissing!)

The opening scene from Reservoir Dogs would be great, but I think the English may be beyond them:

"Dikku, dikku, dikku, dikku, dikku, dikku, dikku."
    "How menee dikkuzu wozu zatto?"
    "A rotto."

You could try Robotz That would fit right in with their style.

Profanity: The last refuge of the limited intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by dobharrison
    The opening scene from Reservoir Dogs would be great, but I think the English may be beyond them:

"Dikku, dikku, dikku, dikku, dikku, dikku, dikku."
    "How menee dikkuzu wozu zatto?"
    "A rotto."
    I think my ichinenseis could do that part. They have no problem with using swear words that they dont know are swear words.

STAND UP!
    Good Morning QG Sensei..
    SHIT DOWN!

Besides they can definitely do how many.. Maybe I should do this idea with my kids..

Do something utterly silly.. Do a scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Get a gaggle of them to be Oompa Loompas and do the fun 70s funk song and dance!
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.

Get them to be the gay cowboys. They'd totally dig that. My boys are always telling my how they have fun playing with each other. And they're always preening each other in class. Could be good. The girls would love you for it too, man on man action is way hot in Japan....
    Give me my marker show me my line... surely this is it... the edge?