Thread: Damn you Nova...

Default Damn you Nova...

I don't work for Nova and I'm not even in Japan yet but they're officially on my shit list. lol.

My wife picked up a position with Nova and it was explained to them that her husband (moi) will be working in Hiroshima so she would need to be placed somewhere within a reasonable commuting distance. No problem they say...

Nope. They decided to place her ass in a school not even in the damn prefecture. I guess Tsuyama was a "reasonable" distance to them. At least if they had placed her at a school in Okayama we could have found a joint in between Hiro and Oka...

C'est la vie.

Dob. Do you know any schools in Hiroshima looking for teachers at the beginning of April?

It may be a good thing that your spouse did not get the postition with Nova. There are so many horror stories about the company on the Net.

This was in my mailbox from gaijinpot.com.
    http://www.gaijinpot.com/job_view.php?jid=10948
    ECC Foreign Language Institute
    Native English Instructor
    JPY 252,000/Month, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima

http://www.gaijinpot.com/job_view.php?jid=11478
    YMCA Gaigo Gakuin
    Language School Children's Teacher
    JPY 255,000/Month, Hiroshima, Hiroshima

http://www.gaijinpot.com/job_view.php?jid=11718
    English Delivery
    General English Teacher
    JPY 250,000 - 300,000/Month, Hiroshima, Hiroshima

You may want to also try
    www.ohayosensei.com
    Pau

Default Re: Damn you Nova...

Quote Originally Posted by allyismycopilot
    Dob. Do you know any schools in Hiroshima looking for teachers at the beginning of April?
    Not off the top of my head, but I've heard good things about Berlitz here so you may want to give them a go. Give David English House a go, too - apparently, they're one of the best language schools in Hiroshima. There's also the language school at the YMCA but I don't know the web address.
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Default Hmmm...

My wife did get picked up by Nova but they bent their side of the deal in my mind. Which shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Anywho, thanks for the links guys. I'll be checking them out!

They didnt do exactly what you asked?????? The bastards, how do they sleep at night? Its sad when companies forget about providing a free service to provide people with a place to live and work anywhere in the world they please and instead start thinking about turning a profit. Next they will be asking her to work for her money - if they do i suggest you contact the local teachers union and explain that you are both gaijin and therefore deserve a free meal ticket in this country.

Default Hmmm...

First off the condescending attitude is completely unneccessary especially when you know nothing about me.

Secondly, it's not about them doing what I asked. It's about them telling us they would SPECIFICALLY do something. If they would have simply said, "Hey there's no way we can promise you any placement and you could be placed in a school in another prefecture even" that would have been more than fine. But they didn't. They said, "If we can't place you in Hiroshima city itself we can get you in a school in the area." Maybe I misunderstood them though. Maybe "in the area" meant in another prefecture. I have a habit of doing that I guess.

I understand they are a company in it for a profit but does that make it acceptable for one of their reps to throw out bald-faced-lies? In my mind... no.

As for deserving a free meal ticket... wrong guy. Unless moving a company to Japan and giving two Japanese Nationals good paying jobs and putting a butt load of money back into the Japanese economy via taxes is a meal ticket.

I feel like I will making a positive contribution... not just some punk on a lark riding the English train and posting condescending and ill-placed remarks on forums. Actually I should take that back since I know nothing about you save for the asshole comment above.

Oh and if you do have any spare meal tickets available I'll take one... nothing like free McDonalds

Actually MOS Burger is better.
    "I don't want to go to Waitrose, I want a fuck buddy."

If you're doing Japan such a favour by bringing a company over here why does your leech of a wife need a shitty teaching job?

Default Hmmm...

Because she wants to teach. I have friends that teach for Nova and enjoy it and she is excited about it. Pretty simple.

By the way you should come and hang out with me sometime when I get back. I'll take you out and buy you a beer.

Default Re: Hmmm...

Can you just send me the money?

I do my drinking the same way I have sex......

alone

in a dark room

crying

looking at a photo of the reverend Desmond Tutu