Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: I don't believe it!

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexebel
    When is big and brown ever a bad thing? :wink:
    When you're standing in it. Knee deep.

    (I'm thinking Dinosaurs or elephants)

  2. #22
    Senior Member TomB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Now here's something that is amusing. I got a letter from the consolate asking me why I didn't apply this year. They specifically asked me to apply again this year even though last year they turned me down. It seems my profile helped their demographics or something. :?
    Profanity: The last refuge of the limited intellect.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    156

    Default

    that is most interesting. weird, and kind of messed up too.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom (England), Yamagata City
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Micahkun was right, I got accepted

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Biggest lil town on Shikoku
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexebel
    When is big and brown ever a bad thing? :wink:
    When it's describing the size of a dump left in a squatty potty by a previous occupant.

    /threadjack

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by micahkun
    A rejection would be a thin white envelope...
    This is not always true. It varies from consulate to consulate. Ours used to have big yellow for acceptance, and thin white for alternate or rejected.

    I got a thin white envelope this year, and my heart sank...

    'Til I opened it.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga->Okayama-shi
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jermlab
    Quote Originally Posted by Grail
    Y..You asked to have it removed? What are you doing back then?
    Man, maybe they should require a degree higher than BA or BS.
    Since I didn't get an interview, there wasn't much use to me reading about your boring lives.
    Perhaps you should check your own post before you start ripping people on their grammar, as well as JET's degree requirements.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrey
    Quote Originally Posted by antisense
    ooo nicely done. I would say that though, since I got sucked in.
    antisense - didn't you get my PM?
    Sorry, only just saw this - the answer is no I didn't, and now I'm really curious...

  9. #29
    WINNING Fyrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Apparently China
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antisense
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrey
    Quote Originally Posted by antisense
    ooo nicely done. I would say that though, since I got sucked in.
    antisense - didn't you get my PM?
    Sorry, only just saw this - the answer is no I didn't, and now I'm really curious...
    Made you look.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    I think my acceptance came in a small white envelope... but that may have been details of my placement. Not sure, as it was 2 years ago now! Yikes!

    Jermlab, you messing us around?
    Over-optimism modest chocolate and a soft marshmallow lead you in elegant tea time.

  11. #31
    Daimyo ***** dombay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    mountain of peaches and fruit
    Posts
    9,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amleth
    Quote Originally Posted by micahkun
    A rejection would be a thin white envelope...
    This is not always true. It varies from consulate to consulate. Ours used to have big yellow for acceptance, and thin white for alternate or rejected.

    I got a thin white envelope this year, and my heart sank...

    'Til I opened it.
    Which consulate?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •