Thread: Anyone else having trouble scheduling a physical?

Default Anyone else having trouble scheduling a physical?

My clinic is all super booked up and I can't get in until after the forms are required. Anyone else having the same problem? Will they extend the deadline?

Can I just have a friend grab my balls, make me cough, and then sign the form?

Seriously, anyone know the fees for this sorta thing if I have to pay to get it done sooner?

Default Re: Anyone else having trouble scheduling a physical?

Quote Originally Posted by jermlab
    My clinic is all super booked up and I can't get in until after the forms are required. Anyone else having the same problem? Will they extend the deadline?

Can I just have a friend grab my balls, make me cough, and then sign the form?

Seriously, anyone know the fees for this sorta thing if I have to pay to get it done sooner?
    Why not go to the ER, complain of abdominal pain, and when the doctor comes in, just say "Um, can you also give me a quick physical and fill out this form?"

Yeah, I guess that would work. :? But would you be willing to wait in a smelly, noisy, crowed ER waiting room for hours and hours on end, FINALLY get in, only to have to wait again for hours and hours, FINALLY have someone poke their little head in to let you know the doctor will be in shortly, wait AGAIN for hours and hours, THEN have the doctor FINALLY come in do a little something then leave and say he'll be back, WAIT AGAIN for even more hours until you are so sick of it you exit your room, grab a nurse and have her help you? That's what happened to me, and I had an emergency. My arm was swelling 2.5 times in size, increadible pain, and the doctor skipped out on me to go on a coffee break. Nice.

*edit*my engrish is well!

I had an appointment booked for late April months ago (just in case)...but I called and asked for it to be moved. I'm going in 9 hours to see how horrible it will be to get all these boxes filled out.

Default Jermy..

All you have to do is tell the nurse you are sick.. and she will be able to schedule you an appointment within the week... See, they keep times open for that reason... so if all you want is a "physical"... you have to wait forever... But if you tell them you are sick.. even if you have a sorethroat.. and then surprise them with the physical.... I have an appointment next week, but that is because my doctor is just as excited I am going as I am.. ciao..

dkp

Default Re: Jermy..

Quote Originally Posted by KinokoKai
    but that is because my doctor is just as excited I am going as I am
    I can imagine.

i don't know how it is in the UK - but I would just start calling doctors all over. Especially call the doctors in the poorer parts of town. They are usually dudes just starting up and they will fit you right into the schedule. On of them is bound to have an appointment for like this afternoon. You go over, he doesn't know your history, he porbably thinks your their for an oxycontin scrip, wtf does he care. Bing bang boom, he grabs, you cough, he writes, you pay, you leave. Home run. Or run home, depending how bad the part of town is. :x

Default Oh you..

Dirty Uncle Harry.. whatever do you mean?

dkp

did your mum used to wrap your packed lunch up in a road map as well?

Default No..

I used to wrap my mother's lunch in a road map... meh. it's what I do.. you're pretty funny.. you should start a routine..

dkp

I already have a routine

DVD only 19.99

Default ...

cool.

k

United Kingdom (England) ===> Nagasaki pref.

I've got mine booked for today - £80! Rip off. And it's at a uni health centre. The receptionist said I had to pay before I had it done so I can't even run away afterwards.

I have also just called my surgery and they say no appointments for over 2 weeks. i don't want to blag it saying i'm ill cos i'm sure that will just go against me on the medical form.

is there anywhere that can provide this service (i don't mind having to pay a reasonable amount)?

mine at uni is costing 45 quid apparently.
    next tuesday, so hope i dnt get bird flu by then....
    (ps ask at other clinics around? i mean i know the uni one is free as most ppl are away for easter)

suk

I went to IHC instacare this morning. They said they can only treat sick people... turds.

Called other places, can't do it, yadda yadda... came back home, called a few places, nobody could get me in today (I just want to get it done). I called anotherplace, and just asked them if they had any openings today. They said yeah, told me the times, I chose, then they asked me what it was for. That was at 10:00. My appointment is at 11:00!!! Score!