Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: oral contraceptives

Hey there new people, welcome to Japan :-)

Lots of hearsay, etc flying around here... I wrote out a detailed explanation of all this stuff on a post on big daikon. Check it out!

http://bigdaikon.org/board/viewtopic...351384#1351384

anyways, in summary, the low-dose birth control pill is widely available here, even in rural japan. it costs between 2000-3000yen (US$20-$30) per month, plus doctor's visit fees.

Plan B is also available at any woman's clinic. i've asked around at different women's clinics, just to make sure.

the patch, the shot, implants, etc. aren't available.

But you should have no problem getting the pill. bring a couple month's worth with you to use until you get setteled, and then you should be fine getting it here.

feel free to ask any other questions, i can always head over to the clinic and ask for you!

good luck in japan!

Yeah, I guess it is available in Japan but I'm cheap. ops: I can get it for $12/month here so I'll just bring it with.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

you can get "low-dose" in japan, but that just means progesterone only. you can't get phasal pills (e.g. different doses of hormones depending on the time of the month). i checked with a japanese medical website. i'm sticking to phasal ones and bringing them with me.

The pill is, quite rightly, free in the UK. So I get it sent over. It costs me about 300yen for it to be airmailed, as opposed to 2000-3000yen plus doctors fee it would cost to get in Japan. Also, I've found in the past that there is no such thing as privacy with regards to patients in Japan. With the stigma attached to the pill in rural Japan, I don't want everyone knowing my business. They already think I'm a slut for having my mates who are not of the female variety stay over, if they knew I was on the pill as well...
    Give me my marker show me my line... surely this is it... the edge?