View Poll Results: JET or potentially better paying job?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • JET

0 0%
  • JOB

0 0%
  • something else or can't decide yourself

0 0%
  • 199 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stuck between a cushy job and JET =O

Default Re: more background info

Quote Originally Posted by adorable
    Honestly, it's just far easier to grab a Coke, jump in the car, crank up the volume, blast to the peeps, and check out the latest flicks, do the beach scene, etc. vs. Japan
    Hmmm I seem to do this without to much problem (except the " blast to the peeps, and check out the latest flicks" part; I have no idea what that means)
    I guess I must be living in America after all, I didnt know there were so many japanese people in the states.

A holiday in tokyo is nothing like being on JET. I went on holiday to New York once so do I know what its like to live in America?

I really don't know what job you should take but one thing I would say is cut down on the coffee/speed/crack.

Default they're hiring at the North Pole...

I vote you do JET. This idea that being on holiday in Japan is somehow comparable to living there for a year or more is really ridiculous. Time to get that straightened out.

Anyway, I'm a firm believer in doing the difficult thing. Maybe you are an exception to this exercise since you seem to think both things are easy...hmm maybe you need a third option...
    Yield to the willow/All the loathing,/All the desire of your heart. -Basho

Mindarchitect?! Is that you?

okay, okay! I'm going, I'm going then!

( ...just as long as they don't put me on that dangerous island I read in that other post (where it was uninhabited for years due to health risks)... )

now.... the headache, selling everything I can't take with me =o shoot, they really need to consider a moving service for all JETs! those kawaii buggers had better be worth the trip! hee, hee! =)

You talked about gaining skills on JET, but, although ESID, you are an assistant, and most likely will not be planning lessons on a regular basis. I've never been asked to plan a lesson in my year here. My JTEs might allow me to try, but they certainly never asked. You might find you're too busy writing emails and reading novels to be bothered to put a lesson together
    If you're doing this job to gain professional skills, you may be disappointed. But, if you want to experience life in Japan, then join the fun.