Thread: WHOOOO! Upgraded in the UK!!!

Default WHOOOO! Upgraded in the UK!!!

it happened! they just rang with the news... whoop!
    J

Congrats junky! That's got to be a great feeling... Probably just a little better than being originally shortlisted.

nice one geezer!

Good job junkymotown...feels great doesn't it?

thanks, thanks and thanks! it feels bloody grand!

Hey junky, I got a call to say I was upgraded today as well. Where you flying out from?

Nice one! You'll be chuffed as well then! I'll be flying out from London. You?

Nishiazai-cho, Shiga-ken ---> California, USA

*Claps* Good for you guys!!!
    You got the BFG 9000...Oh yes!!

Thanks. Congratulations to you too! Flying out from Edinburgh! How are you feeling about it?

woohoo!! that's so awesome that you guys were upgraded!! i'm so glad that there's hope out there for everyone who has been waiting so patiently...

United States => Aizumisato-machi, Fukushima-ken

Grats from the US dude, much love... Enjoy yourself!

Sean

I was one of those distraught at being given an alternate position back in April when the letters came through the post. People here offered me comfort, and reminded me that it was better than being rejected outright, but I pointed out that I could not hang around waiting for JET to contact me - I had to start a job as soon as I graduated.

Sure enough, my last exam was on the 31 May and I started work on 5 June while other students were still finishing off their finals. On Friday (16 June) I got a phone call from the JET desk offering me a place on the progamme. To some people I can see that there would be an option to quit the job they'd only just started and go to Japan - this was what I'd originally wanted anyway. To me there wasn't even an option though. Partly I couldn't let my new employers and friends down, and partly I still resent being made an alternate in the first place and felt I couldn't accept the position after all this time. I told the man on the phone that I had taken another position, but thanks for the phone call anyway. It seems a sad end to a traumatic and exciting few months.

You can't have any regrets in life, but I would have loved the opportunity to visit Japan, and to live and work there. All the best to those soon on their way.

Well done Calvin. I would have had to do the same thing as you had I gotten a job before JET came a callin back. I even kept looking after I was upgraded to appease my family.

I think it's good on you to stick to your new responsibility. If things change in the future, you can always reapply.
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.