Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hokkaido: The Greatest Prefecture Known to Man

Hi Cori

Yes, I'm a prefectural JET. Actually, I haven't heard from the BoE yet - it was my predecessor who contacted me via email. All the details I've heard so far are from her. My packet's probably on its way though, I guess, since my pred already has my details. ") She contacted me only yesterday , ending the agony of waiting. Heh, I don't know anything about my accomodations yet, but being in the city, I think I shouldn't be having MUKADE problems!

I'm so excited...

Hope you guys hear from yours soon :smt007

Thanks for the reply, Mriya! I'm so excited to hear that the prefectural placements have been determined :)

That's one of the big reasons I wanted to be in a city--fewer bugs! Though I think that Hokkaido in general doesn't have many (or any?) mukade.

All riiiight, I finally got my contract and placement from the Hokkaido BoE! And I was placed in a high school in Otaru!! It looks beautiful. And a half-hour train ride from Sapporo? I can hardly believe my luck.

Still haven't heard from the high school itself, or from a predecessor, but at least I can stop fretting now. The rest of you should be hearing from them soon, I'd think!

Cori, awesome placement! The express is only 30 minutes between Sapporo and Otaru. We went lots for day trips.

Default Cori

Congrats, Cori!

Glad to hear your good news!

Thanks, guys! Cartersparkles, do you remember how often the express runs? And how late? And about how much it costs round-trip?

Cori, during the day it is quite frequent either every half hour or every hour but I'm not sure about how late it runs. The price was your standard JR price and it was reasonable. Somebody posted a JR site to check fares and times (for Hokkaido) earlier so that might give you more exact times. In general, I *think* the last train/subway at Sapporo Station was always around midnight but I can't be sure cause I didn't take them very often.

Oh, thanks, here it is :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cori
    Thanks, guys! Cartersparkles, do you remember how often the express runs? And how late? And about how much it costs round-trip?
    here is a good site to look up train info, just input your town and destintion and it will list them with different routes
    http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperd01.cgi

Ooh, awesome site. Thanks, Patrosoft.

So I received an email from the Mayor of my town! It was quite nice - a warm welcome to Hokkaido!

Anyone else have a similar experience?