Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Placements for UK'ers?

Default Placements for UK'ers?

Has anyone in the UK got their placement details...

I am worried as I have had NOTHING...its the 17th of May 8O

I got worried too, but it went to home address not my uni address, i emailed the embassy and they told me....

I'm Matsuyama, Ehime apparently

Whats it like?!

Welcome to Matsuyama! There's tons of info about Ehime-ken on the EhimeAJET Website, I'm working on updating things, atm. The city is a good place to be. Theres a big support network as there are about 20 city ALTs and most of the prefectural ALTs live in or near the city.

PM me any specific Qs.
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.

Got mine in London. Delivered about 11:45am. - Hamamatsu city.

I'm sure if you aint got it but you've been accepted then it must be on it's way in the post. If you don't get it tomorrow give em a ring. but it will be ok. Ahh - i see you're in Scotland, i dunno if Edinburgh has sent them out yet but London has

I got mine today too. I'm off to Engaru in Hokkaido. Does anyone know anything about it?

I'm from Scotland but still no word... hopefully soon so i can get back to studying.

maybe if i go to sleep time will pass quicker...

Great news for you guys...!

Well maybe it takes a day longer for the letters to get up to the farest reaches of the world (Scotland) :wink:

If I don't hear tomorrow, I really will get worried and then email the JETdesk

Quote Originally Posted by Suk
    I got worried too, but it went to home address not my uni address, i emailed the embassy and they told me....

I'm Matsuyama, Ehime apparently
    That's lucky, I emailed the embassy and got a standard reply saying it's been sent and contact them again if I haven't got it in a week - adding they don't tell people over the phone or via email. I guess you just got someone feeling kind!

mgh I'm not at home so don't know if anything's been delviered, mum has emailed yet

*tense*

ou are placed in Miyazaki prefecture, Morotsuka village.

oh man.

village?!

VILLAGE?!

:dies:

:google researches:

2200 population, on an island. That's helluva low. Still, at least it'll give me time to get working on how to use sequencers, write another book and go swimming (I'll probably drown).
    oh man

Miyazaki has a total area of approximately 7,734 kmĀ², and a population of 1,166,074 people. In addition to its year-round warm climate,

watch this post as johns placement virtues go up and down!

B.Flat, i called the embassy the other day and it went straight onto an answering machine saying basically please stop calling you will get your placement details at the end of May. So, by that i assumed around the 27th or 28th. However, now i have realised that the London Embassy has sent theirs out i am starting to feel sick!!! So, if you get your placement through tomoz or fri let us know...This whole process is pretty exhausting! :smt009 but once we know it will be fine!! wont it??? :?

Might as well post in here as I'm a UK JET. : )

I got my placement today - I'm in Fukuoka prefecture, Iizuka city. It's right next door to Fukuoka city so I'm pretty chuffed, and Kitakyushu isn't too far away, either.

Considering I didn't have any preferences as to placement I'm quite surprised I got Fukuoka seeing as I know some others had requested Fukuoka and have been placed elsewhere.

Still, really looking forward to it all! : ) Group A, anyone?

are you cloudcover from rllm?

I'm in group B :/ Kind of cool as I get a few more days to sort my stuff out in the Uk / claim another week of dole.

bwahhwa.

Quote Originally Posted by johnj
    are you cloudcover from rllm?

I'm in group B :/ Kind of cool as I get a few more days to sort my stuff out in the Uk / claim another week of dole.

bwahhwa.
    Aye, cc. : )

When my mum told me I was in Group A I was pretty pleased, forgetting that I would be missing her birthday. Needless to say, she wasn't as pleased as I was. Happy birthday mum, I'm flying to the other side of the world. : )

The orientation is the same day as my graduation
    Gotta sort that out!
    You think i can change orientation dates, but fly out normally?

Quote Originally Posted by johnj
    2200 population, on an island. That's helluva low. !
    Dude, I think your villiage is landlocked, actually. You are on Kyushuu Island and its a rather large island with many large cities probably within a fairly easy train ride. Besides, small villiages are usually full of interesting characters for lots of wild things to write home about.
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.

Default ...

I'm going to Hyogo prefecture! No more information than that, so I have no idea whether it's a village or town or what. In fact the prefecture website boasts of it as a 'mini Japan' with everything from ultra rural to modern city, so I guess it's another mini waiting game til I find out!

I'm in group A leaving from London and have been placed in Osaka Prefecture, my first choice! Very excited. Anyone else off to Osaka?

z.