Thread: Kochi Prefecture

Default Kochi Prefecture

I recieved my prefecture placement and I was wondering if anybody new anything about the Kochi Prefecture?

It was my first choice, but let's see if I get it. Kochi is on the southern part or Shikoku. It is supposedly a nice place with great mountains and beaches. The people are relatively friendly, and they supposedly drink a lot, even for Japan. Kochi's claims to fame is the birthplace of Sakamoto Ryoma, one of the key players in the Meiji revolution, as well as home to Kochi Castle.

When I asked my professor to reccomend a place that wasn't a huge city, had people that were friendly to foriegners, and had a strong but unique cultural, Kochi was near the top of his list. He said it is a pretty unknown place to most foriegners, but he really liked it when he taught English there a while ago.

There's also a lot of outdoor adventure stuff in Kochi. White water rafting, canyoning, bungee etc. I'm trying to organise a trip there for that very reason asap. If I get my shit together and go before you arrive I can give you a run down, if you're interested in that kind of stuf??
    Give me my marker show me my line... surely this is it... the edge?

I haven't made it around to the backside of the island yet, but I have been white water rafting and it was part in Kochi and part in Tokushima. Google Happy Raft for info. They all speak english and they provide lunch on the full day trips (and it is amazingly yummy!).

If I can find out anything about Kochi for you, I will pass it along.
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.

I will be in near Tokushima (east of KOCHI)
    in anan... i would love a contact there...

Well, I'm not in Kochi, but I am in Kagawa. Not next door, but close enough for plenty of chilling out on the weekends or whatever.

There are some fantastic beaches in Kochi! You should definitely check out Irinoi Beach and Ooki beach. I think the JETs there are pretty social, and there's lots of parties so you should have good times!

Default Kochi

I just found out that I will be in Kochi City. What do you guys know about the place?