Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lovely

0 0%
  • Exciting

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Close enough to Osaka and Kyoto not to matter...

0 0%
  • wtf is hyogo?

0 0%
  • 204 100.00%

Thread: HYOGO-ken

Default HYOGO-ken

ok... where are all you lucky people who shall be joining me???
    I'd never even heard of it before but it all looks v.nice...

hell yea man, i'm with you in hyogo. i don't like their website, it doesn't really tell me very much and doesn't seem to be working, any recommendations? but hell yea for being where its warmer!! its good to talk to someone who's going with me.

I'm so excited! I don't know where in Hyogo I'll be, but just about anywhere I can think of will have some nice features. Could get to know everyone in a little town on the sea or in the mountains, could be in an urban area just a stones throw from Osaka or Kobe, could be on lovely Awaji island, could be Himeji with its lovely castle and touristy things or could be Takarazuka with its VERY entertaining theater. So many possibilities!

Eeeee, I want to know NOW! I wish the prefecture would hurry up and tell me where I'm going so I can stop guessing!

Are you guys on facebook? If you want to add a friend PM me.

hey guys this computer won't let me private message anyone, email me at physicsbum@hotmail.com and we can connect through facebook.

also, are you guys in group A or B?

and where are you flying out of himawari?

I'm leaving from Seattle, with group A.

The home of Japanese hardware (via the state of Maine)

If you've been assigned to Miki City, shoot me a PM (you've got a nice placement, so don't start panicking). Apparently our person is a guy from Kansas, if that helps anyone- my supervisor hasn't said any more than that.
    "Hello, this is Dr. Niles Crane.... Although I feel perfectly qualified to fill Frasier's radio shoes, I should warn you that while Frasier is a Freudian, I am a Jungian. So there'll be no
    blaming Mother today!"
    -Niles Crane

I got an email from my pred! I'm going to be in Izushi, part of Toyooka shi. Anyone else near there?

i have no idea but hearing that you have heard is giving me hope that i should hear this week now...i hope i hope i hope...

Himawari
    Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:39 am Post subject:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got an email from my pred! I'm going to be in Izushi, part of Toyooka shi. Anyone else near there?
    Hey welcome to Tajima..Izushi is just a small part of 'the taj' , the northern area of Hyogo known for its tall mountains, skiing, taj beef, huge snowfall and lack of decent public transport (in some parts only so dont stress..yet..also think about getting a car)

anyone else out there coming this way...?
    Im about to leave as are a few other friends of mine, so i know some of you newbies are out there!! show yourselves!!

Hyogo is definitely a great place to end up, especially if you're down south where all the civilisation is - it's only a twenty minute ride to kobe for me, and no more to osaka... The inaka placements aren't that terrible either. Tee hee.

If you do end up in Takarazuka, give us a shout - there are at least two slots waiting two be filled, and I know a couple of lovely people you'll probably end up hanging around with. Same for Sanda and Suzurandai.

Course, if you get stuck in nishinomiya or amagasaki you'll be on my doorstep, so do the same.

I was meant to head up to miki this weekend for a wee skate, but looking at this current deluge I think plans will have to change. At least it saves me riding the Dentetsu, also known as The Shittiest And Most Expensive Railway On God's Green Earth...

yay just got an email from a girl in my town, i'm headed to Sasayama. she has been amazing and has let me know alot already. Anyone else in that area?

Yar, I'm just south of you in Sanda. The girl who's helping ya out with the e-mails from Sasayama is an absolute gem. You'll probably be in my neck of the woods to see movies and stuff in Woodytown. I'm not kidding, the neighborhood is honestly named Woodytown. Others can vouch for this.
    "I've hit nomihoudai terminal velocity. I'm too drunk to pick up food."

The home of Japanese hardware (via the state of Maine)

I go and see movies in Woodytown. Enjoy writing that as your return address on letters and stuff. Heh.

Sanda's quite a good location for getting to Osaka. And southern Hyogo is great, location-wise. I've only visited the Taj, so I can't really speak for the quality of life there.
    "Hello, this is Dr. Niles Crane.... Although I feel perfectly qualified to fill Frasier's radio shoes, I should warn you that while Frasier is a Freudian, I am a Jungian. So there'll be no
    blaming Mother today!"
    -Niles Crane

Yep, I've been in Sanda for the last year and am recontracting. Good times, close to a lot but not in the thick of it, etc etc. Pleased as punch, and looking forwards to meeting the two new Sanda-ites in town this August.
    "I've hit nomihoudai terminal velocity. I'm too drunk to pick up food."