Thread: Fukushima-ken

Default Fukushima-ken

I searched and primarily found old threads on Fukushima. I'm placed there. Looking forward to it.

Anyone already there and want to tell me all about it? Anyone else also going?

What Up? I'm also being sent to Fukushima Prefecture, Minami Aizu to be exact. From what i hear from my pred its pretty sparesly populated, it's divided up into three main regions by two mountain ranges, the east has a beach and pretty nice weather, the central basin is where Fukushima city is located and its an agricultural center, the west where I will be apprarently has pretty harsh winters due to the mountainous terrain or some such. Fukushima seems like the epitome of an inaka, tho it is within a weekend train ride to Tokyo, 3.5 hours by normal train, 1.5 on the shinkansen bullet train. Other than that I know as little as you do.

Headed to Fukushima, though I don't know where yet. I've posted a bunch of links on Big Daikon (under "Fukushima Q & A" I think) for those searching for more information.

Bring mittens!

G'day Malarky - good to know I'm not the only one who's heading that way. I'm placed in a v. small town Yamatsuri in the southern central district. I've not yet heard from my pred but assume that will be soon.

SavageBob - thanks for links at BD. Many of those have been sources of info.

Fukushima bound as well!! i'm near the coast in Iwaki-shi......think i'll still need the mittens??

Quote Originally Posted by Jounin_Pwnerer
    Fukushima bound as well!! i'm near the coast in Iwaki-shi......think i'll still need the mittens??
    From what i hear the coast is pretty nice, there's a decent beach and it has a fair number of onsens.

Quote Originally Posted by Malarky
    What Up? I'm also being sent to Fukushima Prefecture, Minami Aizu to be exact. From what i hear from my pred its pretty sparesly populated, it's divided up into three main regions by two mountain ranges, the east has a beach and pretty nice weather, the central basin is where Fukushima city is located and its an agricultural center, the west where I will be apprarently has pretty harsh winters due to the mountainous terrain or some such. Fukushima seems like the epitome of an inaka, tho it is within a weekend train ride to Tokyo, 3.5 hours by normal train, 1.5 on the shinkansen bullet train. Other than that I know as little as you do.
    Snap! Minami-Aizu. I think we may have already been in touch by email though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jounin_Pwnerer
    Yes. Iwaki was still fucking cold last time I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by soundslikejazz

Hey i do believe you're right. this is Matt from the U.S. Which Uk'er might you be?

Quote Originally Posted by soundslikejazz
    Hey i do believe you're right. this is Matt from the U.S. Which Uk'er might you be?
    Matt and Matt... wow!! there are so many Matts!! Maybe they do that so your BOE can't get too confused when remembering gaijin names!!

Hehehe, I'm Matt F. I sent you an email the other day... I can see that this might be quite confusing! As I said in my email, I'm perfectly happy to go as Matthew.

Josy! How did you foil my fullproof disguise???? (Notice how I've abandoned the hated 'Matty' nickname!) I suppose the Avatar is quite a giveaway!