Thread: Question For NYC JETS [and also DC JETs]

Default Question For NYC JETS [and also DC JETs]

Hello!

I have a question that I'm having trouble getting an answer to!

Sometime this summer, every Departure City has a Question and Answer Session.

Since my interview site was in Miami, Florida, I was supposed to leave from there as well, but I switched to Washington, D.C. because that is closer to where I live when not in uni [Pennsylvania].

The consulate gave me dates for Q/A sessions in Miami and Tampa and said that they would get back to me whenever they heard of other sessions.

I haven't heard back from the yet and I've asked twice...I don't want to ask again and be a bother.

Since D.C. is about four hours to drive to and it only takes about 1.5 hours to get to Penn Station from my house, I would really like to be able to go to the NYC Q&A Session.

Can any of the NYC JETs tell me when and where it is? The consulate said it was okay to go to any session, no matter if it was Group A or B so long as I went to SOMETHING.

Any info on session that D.C. JETs can post would also be helpful...just in case! ^____^

The NYC pre-departure orientation is supposed to be Sat., June 17, at the "Nippon Club" (145 W 57th b/w 6th & 7th Aves.). Registration ($10!) is from 9:30-10 am and the summary/closing comes rolling in at 4:45, so you'd better plan a full day.

Might want to give a call to the NY Consulate office to RSVP and let 'em know you're coming. We have to reply by June 9...

Good luck, and hope this helps!

United States => Aizumisato-machi, Fukushima-ken

Yup, what Nyte said. See ya there. ^.~

Sean

Here's a list of all the info sessions and events for DC.
    June 24 (Saturday), 10:30-4:30: Japanese Culture Workshop at the Old Residence of the Embassy of Japan, 2520 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20008

June 24 (Saturday), Evening: Happy Hour with DC JET Alumni Association (JETAA), Location TBD

June 25 (Sunday), 10-4: Question and Answer Session with JET Alumni at the Old Residence of the Embassy of Japan, 2520 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20008

July 14 (Thursday), Evening: Trip to Japanese grocery store and dinner at a Japanese restaurant in Washington, DC with local JETAA members.

August 4 (Friday), All day: Mandatory Pre-Departure orientation at the Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC), 1155 21st Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036.

August 4 (Friday), Evening: Reception honoring 2006 JET participants at the Embassy of Japan (see address above).

The orientations on June 24/25 and August 4 are free to all participants. However, participants are required to pay for themselves at the Happy Hour on June 25 and the Japanese shopping trip on July 13.

We will send more information about these events at a later date and ask you to RSVP at that time. We're looking forward to seeing you in June

Quote Originally Posted by Danimalcrackers
    Here's a list of all the info sessions and events for DC.
    June 24 (Saturday), 10:30-4:30: Japanese Culture Workshop at the Old Residence of the Embassy of Japan, 2520 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20008

June 24 (Saturday), Evening: Happy Hour with DC JET Alumni Association (JETAA), Location TBD

June 25 (Sunday), 10-4: Question and Answer Session with JET Alumni at the Old Residence of the Embassy of Japan, 2520 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20008

July 14 (Thursday), Evening: Trip to Japanese grocery store and dinner at a Japanese restaurant in Washington, DC with local JETAA members.

August 4 (Friday), All day: Mandatory Pre-Departure orientation at the Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC), 1155 21st Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036.

August 4 (Friday), Evening: Reception honoring 2006 JET participants at the Embassy of Japan (see address above).

The orientations on June 24/25 and August 4 are free to all participants. However, participants are required to pay for themselves at the Happy Hour on June 25 and the Japanese shopping trip on July 13.

We will send more information about these events at a later date and ask you to RSVP at that time. We're looking forward to seeing you in June
    DC Jets are so frikin' lucky! Chicago has the second biggest group of JET's and yet we only have one frikin' Q & A. Whoopity doo dah. Chicago is lame.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Wow! Thank you for all of the information! I will definitely talk to the Consulate this week...it's so soon! [Does anyone else feel like time is going both very slowly and very fast at the same time...?]

And the D.C. one sounds so in-depth...but NYC is so much closer...*muses*