Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Preds eh?

really? or just the english translation which means nothing and whenever they want to make you do something they come out with the classic "oh thats in the japanese contract, sorry we forgot to translate it"

Default Re: JHS, kana

Quote Originally Posted by occidental_xiaojie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunarviola
    I received an e-mail from someone at my BOE.
    Hello, are you fine? Is preparation progressing? I received e-mail from you. Thank you. Required documents were sent the other day. I think
    I love it. Hey, at least I should be getting some more info next week or so.
    Will you be teaching JHS?
    I think I will be teaching JHS, since I was placed in a specific town. *shrug* It's kind of funny how we were all excited about finding out our placements, then when we actually did find out that limited information, it was like finding a Christmas present under the tree and not being able to shake the box.

This application process has definitely taught me the meaning of patience.

PS - I'd like to give a shout out to all of the alternates out there who haven't heard any word of an upgrade. Keep the faith, my homies.[/i]

Default contract

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieChester
    really? or just the english translation which means nothing and whenever they want to make you do something they come out with the classic "oh thats in the japanese contract, sorry we forgot to translate it"
    Really? Do they pull that on you even when you are able to read said Japanese version?
    Yield to the willow/All the loathing,/All the desire of your heart. -Basho

Default Re: contract

Really? Do they pull that on you even when you are able to read said Japanese version?
    no, then they pull out "appendix A" that you have never seen before.

Default Re: contract

no, then they pull out "appendix A" that you have never seen before.
    And appendix A is in English? Anyway, is the stuff you aren't supposed to do really in that appendix then?

Default Re: JHS, kana

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarviola

I think I will be teaching JHS, since I was placed in a specific town. *shrug* It's kind of funny how we were all excited about finding out our placements, then when we actually did find out that limited information, it was like finding a Christmas present under the tree and not being able to shake the box.
    Hmm. I felt like I opened the box and it was office supplies.

Of course its not in English, it could be a fucking shopping list for all you know but they never let you see it. Instead they just wave it about and go on about "in your contract blah blah blah"

Default well, i would want to read it

Of course its not in English, it could be a fucking shopping list for all you know but they never let you see it. Instead they just wave it about and go on about "in your contract blah blah blah"
    So what is it that you weren't supposed to be doing? (Or that you were supposed to be doing...whichever.)

As my old mother always used to say admit nothing. As far as you, the BOE and the students parents need to know I've done nothing wrong.

Yeah I got a hard copy of my contract in the mail along with some tourist brochures. A few days later my pred emailed me with specifics of the living and working conditions. She said something about the school being at the bottom of an abandoned salt mine and that I'll have to give classes by candlelight. I for one was astonished, as I didn't know Japan had salt mines. Go figure... at least my apartment comes with a free parking space.