Thread: Any upgraded alternates heard about their placement yet?

Default Any upgraded alternates heard about their placement yet?

Just wondering if any upgraded alternates know where they're going yet? I was upgraded a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. It's doing my nut in!

I was upgraded over a month ago and I still haven't heard anything yet (hoping it's this week though). I am guessing it just varies because there were some alternates who were upgraded later than I was and yet they found out their placement first than I did. Anyway, I am pretty sure it is no later than mid-June, although I am hoping for it being earlier than that.

I've got three friend's who were upgraded and all three found out their placements. they were all upgraded a week or two after the original alternate/shortlist letters went out though.
    Everything i say is a lie....except that.....and that...and that..and that..and that, and that, and that, and that....... and that.....

United States => Aizumisato-machi, Fukushima-ken

Yeah guys, I just heard yesterday, right after the holiday here in the States (Memorial Day). I'm headed to Aizumisato-machi in Fukushima-ken. I was an alternate myself, obviously.

As far as for how long it took to get upgraded for me? I can't really recall, honestly... A friend got short-listed, and I think it was about 3 weeks for me.

My best guess is that it's unrelated and it doesn't really have anything to do with anything. Just wait it out, I know it sucks -_- But it's a real relief knowing (and not being disappointed with your location). I feel much better now!

Sean

i was upgraded and i'm yet to find out. i'm doing as seanc suggested, and i'm just patiently waiting. it is difficult though. i figure that if i don't hear by next week, i'd give a ring to the coordinator and see how things are going. i hate bugging him though. i've only called once because i had a question about the medical form (my doctor hadn't filled something out completely) and even though i was very hesitant to call.

we'll see what happens.

Hey thanks for letting me know all your experiences! I feel better knowing that other people haven't heard yet either.

I was thinking the same thing as you ebochan, if they don't let me know by next week I was going to give them a call. Maybe something will arrive today...

I was right. It did. Turns out I'm going to Miyagi prefecture, Minami Sanriku-town. I'm please - even though I don't actually know where that is!

scott, did you find out by post or email?

Hey Ebochan, I found out by post when I received my welcome pack. Still waiting to hear?

yeah, i already received my welcome packet. at least, i think that's what this is. the japanese for jets and the hand book with papers that i have to fill out and return (like visas and the such). it didn't have anything in there about placement. i'll wait until next week. monday at 8am. it will be the earliest i've gotten up in months!!

Miyagi sounds nice, plus it seems a lot of ITILers are heading there. I don't think anyone from ITIL is in Fukushima like me, which is a little nerve racking, but it sounds like a pretty bad-ass place to be. Relatively close to the Kanto area, but far enough away to give the small-town atmosphere and have a lot of natural beauty.

I really hope all of us here have a great time, wherever we may have gotten placed.

Sean

PS: I got my placement via e-mail before you guys it seems, but I haven't gotten any mail from my pred or contracting organization, or my local JET office concerning my placement (NYC Office). So, it seems like everyone's on different timetables and such, as the general information book tells us.

yep yep... mine came through today (through the post), Toyama pref. Tateyama town. got all the bumf through with it!

A friend of mine from college is also headed to Toyama, but she hasn't heard what city she's in yet, it just said Toyama-ken. I wonder if she'll be anywhere near you?

Sean

oooh, hope so! tell them to go to www.toyamajets.com - looks good!

I was upgraded in early May and just found out last week where I'll be calling home soon (Mie-ken...and that's all I know at this point!). I'm excited, particularly since it's in the relative ballpark of my top 3 choices.

Seems like they're letting us know at random times, but it literally could be at any moment for anyone waiting to hear. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya...

I'll be seein' any of you who may be fellow NYC Group A-ers soon!

I'm a 3rd year CIR in Miyazaki-ken; the first new CIR who was placed here way back at the end of this april turned down his shortlist candidacy immediately to take a different job. Just today, we recieved all the details about the lucky alternate who will take his/my place. We're not "allowed" to contact him until after June 14th, but I can reasure you alternates that yes, the process is moving forward and alternates are getting placed now!

(i was an alternate myself, didn't find out till late June)

Ya Nyte, you gonna be at the orientation on the 17th? I just learned there will be a post-meeting cocktail party, score.

And, Junky, thanks for the website. My friend is pretty on top of her stuff concerning JET, so she's probably already been-there-done-that, but I'll pass it on to her just in case!

Sean