Thread: Shizuoka!! Anybody else?

Default Shizuoka!! Anybody else?

I got placed in Shizuoka-ken, Shizuoka-shi.
    Anybody else out there who is placed there or anyone who knows about Shizuoka? I would like some info!

Goddamnit! Yeah, you're going to one of the most beautiful places in Japan, imho. And I hate you.

Hehehehheh...thanks.

I am so freakin surprised right now...I was totally suprised and blown out of my mind because I was expecting an inaka placement. And Shizuoka was not even one of my choices but hell, I am so freakin happy right now but still shocked!!

There's a thread on this already, it's probably on page 2 as i don't think anyones posted on it for a bit

Shizuoka is a nice city. It doesnt have all the stuff of the bigger cities in Japan but it has what you need.
    There are a couple of nice temples in the centre.
    Sumpu park is a nice place built on the area that used to be Sumpu castle (they supposedly are going to rebuild it but they only have the gate house done so far). Nice hanami parties in Sumpu.
    A few decent bars, including one owned by an English guy that is often full of foreigners.
    Its got a shinkansen station which makes it super easy to get to the big cities.
    Got some other nice places like Nihondaira and Tokogawa Ieasu's Toshogu.

There is nothing that really makes it stand out. Its just a nice enough city.

Shizuoka city JETs became seperate from the rest of the prefecture last year when they became contracted to Shizuoka city rathwer than the prefectural board of education (I think). Though this of course makes no difference to anything.