Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: Interview clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGL View Post
    Did they make you read anything?
    No, the Japanese guy said in English "May I ask you a few questions in Japanese?" and I said "Sure" and then he asked me really easy stuff like "do you like Japanese food" or "have you been to Japan before?" maybe 2 or 3 questions. I think they want to make sure you aren't lying about your ability, but he seemed impressed with my answers.

I think they make you read in the CIR interview though.

Default Re: Interview clothes?

I have heard that most all of the Japanese language questions for ALT's are all very, very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by patjs View Post

I think they make you read a Japanese newspaper in the CIR interview though.
    Fixed.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Quote Originally Posted by Froren View Post
    I have heard that most all of the Japanese language questions for ALT's are all very, very simple.
    I wasn't asked anything in Japanese.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    I wasn't asked anything in Japanese.
    I heard it depends on the consulate. Similar to the sample lesson plan question.

Last edited by nobleheart; June 15th, 2011 at 02:03.

Lady or dude?

Quote Originally Posted by ohheythere View Post
    Lady or dude?
    LOL

Nobleheart is supposed to have a Y chromosome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by nobleheart View Post
    I'm not too worried about my suit, but a few simple questions. I have a suit jacket but it has a few small gold buttons, I don't want to think it's a point to worry about, but what does everyone else think? Tacky? Distracting? No problem at all? Then also, my suit is black, would a blue undershirt, or a white undershirt look better? I'm not keen on color management in wardrobe haha.
    I think the overall impression of the suit is more important than the color of your buttons. Do the buttons look cheap/make the suit look cheap? Then don't wear it. If they look nice, wear it. Personally, I'd go with a blue shirt... because I like blue .

I'm going with a skirt suit because it looks better on me than a pants suit. I have no experience with tights though (aside from the red and green ones worn on Christmas holiday during childhood......). Are black tights with a black suit ok? My mom said no, but I don't know how dated her tastes are. I'm concerned about matching flesh tone tights because my skin is brown. I don't want to look like I'm wearing brown tights with a black suit. Ick.
    I have seen the life on this planet, Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    LOL

Nobleheart is supposed to have a Y chromosome.
    Lol, it's more like a W.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanna View Post
    Are black tights with a black suit ok? My mom said no, but I don't know how dated her tastes are. I'm concerned about matching flesh tone tights because my skin is brown. I don't want to look like I'm wearing brown tights with a black suit. Ick.
    How about sheer black or charcoal pantyhose? Their color won't clash with your suit (ex. wearing two different shades of solid black) and you won't have to worry about matching it to your skin tone. I've tested it out and that's what I'm doing this time around. Last year I interviewed in "mocha" colored hose that were about ten shades lighter that my own skin, it was mortifying. Please learn from my mistakes.

I agree with Beth, don't wear black opaque tights with a black skirt it will look too much. I wore some really nice sheer black tights and they went with the suit really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    what the fuck does all of this have to do with bear arms? If you can't stick to the topic at hand I wish you'd just keep your mouth shut and quit derailing a perfectly good thread about bear arms.

Rather than fish through 41 pages of posts, I'll just ask:

As a girl, will I lose points in my interview for showing up to my interview wearing a suit with pants instead of a skirt-suit? Or should I just wear a blouse with nice pants instead?

I only have one pants-suit and it isn't very pretty and doesn't fit perfectly, but I have no time to get anything else before the interview...

Edit: this is for the CIR interview, by the way. I hear that CIRs have to wear suits to work all the time and that ladies are expected to wear skirt suits at work.
    Last edited by domino; February 23rd, 2011 at 07:36.

Girl-suits with trousers are perfectly normal and fine these days, don't see how jet would frown on them. Maybe Japan is weird and different? If so though you're expected to be western at the interview and treat it as a western interview, not a Japanese one.
    I only have the one suit too- not even actually, had to buy a new shirt and borrow a tie and the shoes.

Pant-suits are fine for girls, especially if you're a bigger girl. I would recommend the suit, rather than just a blouse; you'll look more professional.

You sure you don't have time to get something else, or have the suit tailored? This is definitely a time when you need to be lookin' like a million bucks.
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Pant-suits are fine for girls, especially if you're a bigger girl. I would recommend the suit, rather than just a blouse; you'll look more professional.
    Will bring the suit then. I can't remember where I heard someone say that female CIRs never wear pants, though, but I guess I'll worry about that AFTER (if) I get the job offer.

You sure you don't have time to get something else, or have the suit tailored? This is definitely a time when you need to be lookin' like a million bucks.
    I wish. I'll be going to this interview immediately after coming off a plane from another interview, so no time. My interview is in 2 days; scary.
    Last edited by domino; February 28th, 2011 at 17:01.

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    I'll be going to this interview immediately after coming off a plane...
    That is a really unfortunate situation. I understand if the situation is simply unavoidable, but to others who might be reading this post: I highly recommend that you arrive in your interview city the night before and stay in a decent hotel room.

I studied in Japan for a semester last year, and several of the female student teachers wore pant suits. I honestly doubt it'd be a problem in a Jet interview.