Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...just a question...

Default ...just a question...

I lied. it's actually more than one question:

1) during the interview, what does it mean when the japanese lady keeps constantly writing on that sheet?

2) what is that sheet? it was yellow and it had a number of boxes. and she kept on writing in those boxes and barely looked up or responded to anything....

sudoku
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmettBrown
    sudoku
    lmao!

I dont remember there being a yellow sheet... Just a large stack of papers (I assume to be the large amount of applications they'd be going through) and a couple of papers clipped together (my application?) that they'd occasionally flip through and write things on.

I was far too nervous at the time to take note of what they had in front of them, though. Besides the red Big Gulp that the consulate guy had.

az

Quote Originally Posted by monogatari
    Besides the red Big Gulp that the consulate guy had.
    What a Big Gulp is that some kind of american hair style- like Mullet?

Quote Originally Posted by az
    It's a huge fountain drink you can buy at 7-11 or something.

She was probably writing on the evaluation sheet. My interviewers told me before hand they would be taking notes and such during the interview.

I vote sudoku
    * And the Lord said unto John "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster. *

VIP

Probably she was like "my english is crap, you ask the questions and ill just keep score" to her fellow interviewers.

That, or Sudoku.
    Mabushiii!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keekers
    Quote Originally Posted by az
    It's a huge fountain drink you can buy at 7-11 or something.

Huge as in 32 ounces, 52 for the Mega Gulp.

Just looking at those makes me feel all slushy in my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by kurara

From the looks of the huge stack of applications they all had before them, I'm sure he would have preferred the Mega Gulp.

...How funny is it that the only image of a Mega Gulp Google Images came up with is hosted on a Japanese server.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Quote Originally Posted by kurara

I feel a bit sick just hearing it. 35 ounces is a litre and 52 ounces is just over 1.5 litres - that's a whole BOTTLE of soft drink.
    God only knows what the McDonalds largest size is.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Makes me think of this thing (commentary with music?) by Lazyboy called "Underwear Goes Inside the Pants." This part especially:

Nobody knows why were getting fatter? Look at our lifestyle.
    I'll sit at a drive thru.
    I'll sit there behind fifteen other cars instead of getting up to make the eight foot walk to the totally empty counter.
    Everything is mega meal, super sized. Want biggie fries, super sized, want to go large.
    You want to have thirty burgers for a nickel you fat mother fucker. There's room in the back. Take it!
    Want a 55 gallon drum of Coke with that? It's only three more cents!

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

KFC servs the half gallon.......

http://static.flickr.com/46/175282514_d835419c4f_m.jpg

that could feed (fill?) a family of 6 here in japan

mark!
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Oh my GOD.

I don't even drink soda, but I'm almost tempted to stop by KFC today, just for a look at that. But perhaps they don't have them in the KFCs here in England.

WOW. What other signs of insane gluttony have I been missing in the States...?

Haha, 7/11 is awesome! In the summer, when it'd get stupid hot, we used to buy the biggest sized slushie and share it between 3-4 of us. It'd come out to like.. 30 cents a person, not even. Best way to keep cool for cheap. Even though it's kinda nasty to share a drink with people haha.
    Willis, nani ni tsuite hanashite iru?

Quote Originally Posted by Jill
    Oh my GOD.

I don't even drink soda, but I'm almost tempted to stop by KFC today, just for a look at that. But perhaps they don't have them in the KFCs here in England.

During the drive to Great Falls, Montana I distinctly remember passing through one town which had a sign that read "KFC - All you can eat buffet". I still wonder to this day if any other KFC buffets exist, or if it was just some limitless, greasy anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clootch
    Oh my GOD.

During the drive to Great Falls, Montana I distinctly remember passing through one town which had a sign that read "KFC - All you can eat buffet". I still wonder to this day if any other KFC buffets exist, or if it was just some limitless, greasy anomaly.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stakhanov
    Quote Originally Posted by Clootch
    Oh my GOD.

I just threw up in my mouth.
    The KFC buffet is actually not much of an anomaly, it's just not usually advertised. A good many of them have a buffet for an hour or two during the evening; most people just aren't into KFC enough to know it. My roommate, however, is, along with frozen pizza, hot pockets, and pouring grated mozzarella cheese onto his hands and licking it off. He lives a healthy, full life.

Furthermore, Pilot Stations (I'm not sure if they're all over the country or not) have 66 ounce fountain drinks. They used to be 99 cents, but the price has gone up to 1.19, which I'm pretty sure means the terrorists have won.

p.s. - I saw the yellow sheet, too. At times it appeared that they were checking off boxes on it, too.
    - st. christopher
    nagasaki blues

The KFC buffet is actually not much of an anomaly, it's just not usually advertised. A good many of them have a buffet for an hour or two during the evening; most people just aren't into KFC enough to know it. My roommate, however, is, along with frozen pizza, hot pockets, and pouring grated mozzarella cheese onto his hands and licking it off. He lives a healthy, full life.
    i just threw up in my mouth again...thanks.

not that I dont indulge in junk food once in a while (bag of S&V chips at my side right now :P) but I really dont know how anyone can eat more than about 2 pieces of KFC without feeling like they just downed a gallon of oil.

Quote Originally Posted by markteacher80
    KFC servs the half gallon.......

http://static.flickr.com/46/175282514_d835419c4f_m.jpg

that could feed (fill?) a family of 6 here in japan

mark!
    Oh yeah, the bucket!! In some of my smaller classes at the uni, we'd bring a couple of those and it'd be enough for the whole class!

....Micronian, I swear I didnt mean to turn your topic into this.

But now that I think about it, had I been asked what I'd bring to represent American culture, I probably could have pointed to the Big Gulp on the table saying that if I could bring that, it'd be a great example of American culture. Along with the movie "Supersize Me".