Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian applicants.

Default Australian applicants.

Well, I haven't noticed any other Australians apart from myself on here that's waiting to hear if they were accepted... so are there aussies lurking? Did anyone else apply? Am I the only one? I'm so cold and alone...

Don't go telling me there's more kiwis applying than aussies. :wink:
    For relaxing times when ITIL explodes, make it Japanistan time. (Actually, don't, it's broken forever)

Quote Originally Posted by lego
    My hobby is play sex play masturbation hand shikoshikoshiko.

Default Australian applicants.

Well, I haven't noticed any other Australians apart from myself on here that's waiting to hear if they were accepted... so are there aussies lurking? Did anyone else apply? Am I the only one? I'm so cold and alone...

Don't go telling me there's more kiwis applying than aussies. :wink:
    For relaxing times when ITIL explodes, make it Japanistan time. (Actually, don't, it's broken forever)

One... is the loneliest number
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson.

One... is the loneliest number
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompson.

Another Australian here. I nearly forgot about JET - I'm getting all nervous again now that April's coming.

I think it's about 50/50 if I'm accepted. I read your blog Sciby, and looks like I had the same interview panel as you.

Those people were hard to read - I could say the interview went well, I guess. Some questions could've been handled a bit better, but it wasn't too painful. They were pretty nice, but I'm sure they were nice to everyone.

Oh well.... just have to wait and see. Either way I'll be heading to Japan.

Another Australian here. I nearly forgot about JET - I'm getting all nervous again now that April's coming.

I think it's about 50/50 if I'm accepted. I read your blog Sciby, and looks like I had the same interview panel as you.

Those people were hard to read - I could say the interview went well, I guess. Some questions could've been handled a bit better, but it wasn't too painful. They were pretty nice, but I'm sure they were nice to everyone.

Oh well.... just have to wait and see. Either way I'll be heading to Japan.

Wait... you weren't that Evan guy that was interviewed at 9:20 on the thursday were you? I was the bald guy who was sweating heavily.

Wait... you weren't that Evan guy that was interviewed at 9:20 on the thursday were you? I was the bald guy who was sweating heavily.

Evan? Hello no.

I interviewed on Wednesday.

Have you got any hot goss about the interviews? Someone asked about interview numbers. They said there were 43 people. I'm not if that was for Wednesday or for all Brisbane interviews though.

I only saw one guy dressed in shorts, t-shirt and thongs. I think I saw about one interviewee that didn't freak me out.

Evan? Hello no.

I interviewed on Wednesday.

Have you got any hot goss about the interviews? Someone asked about interview numbers. They said there were 43 people. I'm not if that was for Wednesday or for all Brisbane interviews though.

I only saw one guy dressed in shorts, t-shirt and thongs. I think I saw about one interviewee that didn't freak me out.

Perth here - I dont know how many spots you guys from qld get (interviewed/sent ratio) but we had 2 panels going over 2 days, so I am guessing between 40-55 applicants if the length of my interview was anything to go by (about 35 minutes). The interviewers said we had 30 spots last year go.

I would agree with you negitorodon - everyone was well dressed and looked prepared, I didnt manage to see 1 that was not serious about it.

I wont puts odds on going, but I have tended to lean towards not going to avoid severe disappointment when I get a verdict.

Perth here - I dont know how many spots you guys from qld get (interviewed/sent ratio) but we had 2 panels going over 2 days, so I am guessing between 40-55 applicants if the length of my interview was anything to go by (about 35 minutes). The interviewers said we had 30 spots last year go.

I would agree with you negitorodon - everyone was well dressed and looked prepared, I didnt manage to see 1 that was not serious about it.

I wont puts odds on going, but I have tended to lean towards not going to avoid severe disappointment when I get a verdict.

I was first in with the mystery guy, Evan. Two girls arrived 5 minutes after we sat down... I was first in and when I came out, there were 4 more people and the other 3 were gone. My interview was about 30 minutes long, so there was at least 2, maybe 4 interview panels. 4 people every 30 minutes or so, for 8 hours a day, 64 people?

Would it really be that many? God, I hope not.

I was first in with the mystery guy, Evan. Two girls arrived 5 minutes after we sat down... I was first in and when I came out, there were 4 more people and the other 3 were gone. My interview was about 30 minutes long, so there was at least 2, maybe 4 interview panels. 4 people every 30 minutes or so, for 8 hours a day, 64 people?

Would it really be that many? God, I hope not.

Falchion - By "freak me out", I meant they gave off some weird vibes. Not the kind of people I'd hire. But most people did seem well dressed and prepared.... except for that one guy in shorts, but I think he was just there to try his luck anyway.

My interview started a bit late. I was just chatting with the ex-JET and some other people for a while. I tried to watch the video, but I couldn't concentrate at all. It went for about 25-30 minutes, I think.

After the interview I thought it went ok. I thought I gave some good responses and some average. I was less confident than I thought I'd be, but just didn't worry about it. I wanted to talk to the Japanese guy some more, but the JET kept asking me questions. When I got home I thought, "Actually, that went terrible! No way they'll pick me!". Now I'm thinking it might have been ok when I look at my whole application and compare myself to the other people I saw. So.... who knows? Damn you JET!

I was told there were two interview panels. I wonder if interviews were actually run every day of the schedule? I wouldn't be surprised if it was just two days like Perth.

I'm curious to know who was on the other panel.

I remember looking at a photo of the 2006 outgoing JETs - there were like, 6 people in the photo.... hahaha! I hope that wasn't all of them.

Falchion - By "freak me out", I meant they gave off some weird vibes. Not the kind of people I'd hire. But most people did seem well dressed and prepared.... except for that one guy in shorts, but I think he was just there to try his luck anyway.

My interview started a bit late. I was just chatting with the ex-JET and some other people for a while. I tried to watch the video, but I couldn't concentrate at all. It went for about 25-30 minutes, I think.

After the interview I thought it went ok. I thought I gave some good responses and some average. I was less confident than I thought I'd be, but just didn't worry about it. I wanted to talk to the Japanese guy some more, but the JET kept asking me questions. When I got home I thought, "Actually, that went terrible! No way they'll pick me!". Now I'm thinking it might have been ok when I look at my whole application and compare myself to the other people I saw. So.... who knows? Damn you JET!

I was told there were two interview panels. I wonder if interviews were actually run every day of the schedule? I wouldn't be surprised if it was just two days like Perth.

I'm curious to know who was on the other panel.

I remember looking at a photo of the 2006 outgoing JETs - there were like, 6 people in the photo.... hahaha! I hope that wasn't all of them.

Ah, ok. This is what I was talking about: http://www.japan.org.au/e_web/2006_JET_Farewell.htm

There are 9, not 6. And they're just the Canberra ones. No one lives in Canberra anyway.

Ah, ok. This is what I was talking about: http://www.japan.org.au/e_web/2006_JET_Farewell.htm

There are 9, not 6. And they're just the Canberra ones. No one lives in Canberra anyway.

So you had the exact same interview panel on me? Blondish ex-jet guy sitting on the left, Dr. Lady sitting in the middle, japanese guy sitting on right with half-smile on his face the entire time?

If it was, the JET guy asked most of the questions too, then the Dr. Lady person, then half-smiling dude.

So you had the exact same interview panel on me? Blondish ex-jet guy sitting on the left, Dr. Lady sitting in the middle, japanese guy sitting on right with half-smile on his face the entire time?

If it was, the JET guy asked most of the questions too, then the Dr. Lady person, then half-smiling dude.