Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread: ITIL ALTERNATES Master List and Upgraded News!

Thanks everyone for the congrats! And yes, it was wonderful to finally write "UPGRADED" by my name. Even though I am probably the last person to get upgraded, it just makes this upgrade all the more wonderful!!!! I am just glad that I made it right under the wire for the 2007 program.

I don't know where I am going yet, but should within a week or two. I am pretty excited and anxious to find out where I am going! No matter where I get placed, I am really looking forward to it! I'm just full of joy to finally be accepted!!! I have to admit though that Nara would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kotatsu-sama
    Thanks everyone for the congrats! And yes, it was wonderful to finally write "UPGRADED" by my name. Even though I am probably the last person to get upgraded, it just makes this upgrade all the more wonderful!!!! I am just glad that I made it right under the wire for the 2007 program.

I don't know where I am going yet, but should within a week or two. I am pretty excited and anxious to find out where I am going! No matter where I get placed, I am really looking forward to it! I'm just full of joy to finally be accepted!!! I have to admit though that Nara would be nice.
    I don't believe in karma, really...but, maybe it's karma?

Big ups, yo. I'm glad to return the congratulations you lent me five months ago.
    - st. christopher
    nagasaki blues

Wow! When keekers said that, I thought how cool it would be, but figured the chances that it was actually someone we were pulling for was small.

Congrats x 1,000!

Neat how a community on the internet can care so much about people they've never met. *sniff* I love you guys! And I'm not even drunk this time!

Congrats. Hope you get a great placement.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Oh. My. God.

Best news in ages - you REALLY deserve it!
    Does anyone remember this (from the "Wicket's crystal ball of doom" thread:

Oh yes, Keekers has been upgraded.
    My crystal ball now reveals a grinning kotatsu-sama sometime soon after Golden Week.
    Oh ye of little faith.

Was I right or was I right?!?
    The only one I was wrong about was Natsume - and I've never been happier to be proven wrong.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Quote Originally Posted by wicket
    Oh. My. God.

Best news in ages - you REALLY deserve it!
    Does anyone remember this (from the "Wicket's crystal ball of doom" thread:

Oh yes, Keekers has been upgraded.
    My crystal ball now reveals a grinning kotatsu-sama sometime soon after Golden Week.
    Oh ye of little faith.

Was I right or was I right?!?
    The only one I was wrong about was Natsume - and I've never been happier to be proven wrong.
    So your crystal ball was right. However, I think the word "after" really should have been in bold lettering and the word "soon" should have been deleted. hehe....

Well, thanks again everyone for the congrats. I am still jumping for joy and ready to finally start teaching with JET. I can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Kiwis
    Quote Originally Posted by josy
    congrats

There might still be one more (We're still waiting for someone in Nara- one of the newbies came, then left again...)
    That's why I was asking whether she knew her prefecture, dork!

Or do you know something I don't know... like a name of the newb? *glares* More info required right here, thank you very much!
    dude- you know i'm crap at keeping secrets that are pointless (i mean you're all going to find out anyway, so i might as well leak it to ikoma)

You'll need to ask the lovely blond JET in the kyoiku kenkyusho- she'll know more...

Iiiiiinteresting. I might chuck her an email then! Danke Josy.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenRox
    Neat how a community on the internet can care so much about people they've never met. *sniff* I love you guys! And I'm not even drunk this time!
    Pipe down, rummy.

Congrats, kotatsu-sama! Hope you get a great placement... i was late, and I got a great one, so hopefully they give good placements as a consulation for late upgrades.

If you *are* in Nara, you're sorted, they're nice folk, except for that FK lout. He smells of cheese.
    For relaxing times when ITIL explodes, make it Japanistan time. (Actually, don't, it's broken forever)

Quote Originally Posted by lego
    My hobby is play sex play masturbation hand shikoshikoshiko.

And my father smells of elderberries.

Holy crap congratulations!
    First Sciby, now you!
    Happy time!

I'm so happy for you kotatsu!!! I can't believe they took this long to finally realise they should give you a call!
    "The exquisite art of idleness, one of the most important things that any University can teach" -- Oscar Wilde

Wow, congratulations indeed! Way to stick it to the end there Kotatsu! Could'a been there with you but I guess my conviction wasn't just up to par. Post your stories whenever you can as I will be lurking these forums in my little cubicle!

Thanks again everyone for all the congrats!! Sticking it out to the end was really worth it!!

I also just found out my placement details today. I am going to Shizuoka prefecture, which was one of my original placement requests so I am SUPER excited!!!

Thinking about giving it another shot Broody?

Quote Originally Posted by kotatsu-sama
    Thanks again everyone for all the congrats!! Sticking it out to the end was really worth it!!

I also just found out my placement details today. I am going to Shizuoka prefecture, which was one of my original placement requests so I am SUPER excited!!!
    Wow, that's cool. Lucky you.