Thread: 3 nensei present perfect NEW HORIZON page 12 ~13 Anyone?

Default 3 nensei present perfect NEW HORIZON page 12 ~13 Anyone?

Hey, I need a lesson for tomorrow's 3 nensei based on page 12 ~ 13 New Horizon.

(I just love teachers who decide to tell me we are team teaching tomorrow, 10 minutes before home time. Bitch! :evil: )

Anyway, The grammar is present perfect.
    Any ideas???? I have not taught this page / grammar before and so don't have any nice ready mades.

Oh, and just to add that the the teacher in question is crap, and the class are rowdy... so it needs to be simple but interesting.

I found good interactive online stuff, just nothing I can adapt quicky to 50 mins of 3 nensei hell... I mean heaven!

http://www.marks-english-school.com/..._presperf.html is cool, but alas no computer suit.
    Over-optimism modest chocolate and a soft marshmallow lead you in elegant tea time.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

ok, go to www.oldsushi.com and check out the teaching section, i have a lesson for each unit in new horizons books 1 2 and 3 uploaded on that site.....(they are not my originals, actually a jet a year back made them and posed on her university site, i just put them all on my hard drive before she erased them..)

http://lesson.oldsushi.com/NewHorizon that may bring you right to it....
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Thanks for the link Mark. I had some of those lessons saved too, and have adapted them to my classes...

I don't think the current 3nenseis are so into world leaders, so I won't be using that particular unit! But I love the passive jepardy game...

This should be in the rant thread but,

Unfortunately, the useless bitch excuse for a teacher failed to tell me that the students would be leaving the class at random intervals during the lesson for medical checks... I stayed late (well, until 6pm) to make up a nice lesson and games for her class. God, I hate that woman! (She so knew about it before...) She does it to me every time.

Luckily I had brought pictionary with me as an emergency, so I called her bluff and played that instead (which worked OK with kids coming in and out...) No thanks to her the lesson went ok.

Does anyone else find they have a teacher who actually tries to fuck up your lessons on purpose?

She'll need to try harder than that next time!
    Over-optimism modest chocolate and a soft marshmallow lead you in elegant tea time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah
    Does anyone else find they have a teacher who actually tries to fuck up your lessons on purpose?
    I have one who "punishes" me if I don't behave how she wants me to behave.

One lesson, I didn't make copies of her worksheets for the kids (she had given me a copy myself, and had made no mention of me making copies, nor had she ever asked me to do it before, so I had assumed she had given me one of the students' copies), but luckily I managed to get them all done in 2 mins before class. This was a lesson she'd taken from the previous ALT, and hadn't explained to me what to do. We get to class, and she says good morning, and then tells the class that I will explain what to do, and then goes and sits at the back of the class for the entire lesson and ignores everyone. God, I was pissed off.
    * And the Lord said unto John "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster. *

Nah, she sounds just like my bitch teacher. She just wants you to f*ck up to make her look good.

Bitch teacher waited until 20 mins before lesson today to discuss what we were doing with new ichi nenseis... Grrrrr.... but in class she was actually OK today. The new ichi nenseis applauded me when I came in the class! Random! Thought she would give me that bitter look, but she was reasonbably helpful. hmmm, she must be plotting something for tomorrow's 3 nenseis.

I know this is a little old now, but last week, I did a lesson on the Present Perfect that wasn't the typical "boring worksheet." I use New Crown and not New Horizon, but it's the same general concept.

Instead of the typical worksheet, the students had to write a short "essay" about their favorite place (and draw a picture, but my kids also like art...). The directions that I gave them were:

Draw a picture of your favorite place. Describe it.
    **Use at least five Present Perfect sentences.
    **Use at least five different verbs!

I even gave them an example:

[The beach]

My favorite place is the beach. (1) I have swum in the ocean many times. (2) I have found seashells. (3) I have played volleyball. (4) I have laughed with my friends. (5) I have played with fish. I really love the beach!

Of course, play is in there twice and I didn't realize it at the time, but I passed it off as being in there on purpose to show them what NOT to do. ^_^

Anyway, they seemed to like doing an activity better than the same old boring worksheets that they always do.

They have some hard stuff to learn in 3年, don't they? It's all worksheet-type stuff, but I'm trying to make it fun. Last time, we did Passive Tense and I created a short story that they looked at after a fill in the blank worksheet with words straight from the story.

Anyway, if you do this lesson again (or anyone else tries it), the drawing/writing activity went really well for me!

I got a couple of wise-asses who tried to copy the sample, but for the most part, only the first and last sentence were copied. School and home were the most popular choices to write about, though I did get some interesting replies such as "my garden" and "the track field." It's so interesting to see what these kids like and why. ^^

Edited to add: markteacher80, thanks for that link! I'll check it out. ^^

Baine, what did you do for the passive voice class? It's quite a tricky one....

Quote Originally Posted by Baine
    My favorite place is the beach. (1) I have swum in the ocean many times. (2) I have found seashells. (3) I have played volleyball. (4) I have laughed with my friends. (5) I have played with fish. I really love the beach!
    [/i]

Of course, play is in there twice and I didn't realize it at the time, but I passed it off as being in there on purpose to show them what NOT to do. ^_^
    Is that why you wrote the word "swum" too?
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

az

Whats wrong with swum? It's the past participle of swim.

ur 3 nensei students use new horizon? only my 1 and 2 nensei students use that book. 3 nensei use sunshine english. (unless ur taking about SHS?)

JHS use all three: new horizon, sunshine, and new crown....then it really changes when you get to the HS level, as many are geared towards different things.....

So....what happend to the link here? Already made lesson plans are taunting me...

Quote Originally Posted by MostHolyPorcine
    So....what happend to the link here? Already made lesson plans are taunting me...
    +1