Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Hyogo-ken

Quote Originally Posted by SarahJ27 View Post
    How much Japanese food have you had?
    Too much, thank you. I had a very unpleasant experience at a zen temple. Japanese food will never be the same.

I thought that the night before we leave Tokyo, we can send a bag ahead? So if we brought bigger suitcase with us we can send it away and not have to worry about it?

Yeah but I'm pretty sure AC works by taking the heat out of the air and then venting the hot air outside, so if it's all inside you're going to be sending the hot air right back into the room and achieving nothing, right?

I could be wrong though I guess you could try and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Too much, thank you. I had a very unpleasant experience at a zen temple. Japanese food will never be the same.

I thought that the night before we leave Tokyo, we can send a bag ahead? So if we brought bigger suitcase with us we can send it away and not have to worry about it?

If I remember correctly: The airlines allow only two pieces of luggage, and they're usually those rectangular looking suitcases with 2 or 4 wheels at the bottom of them. While in Narita, you'll be sending one of them off to your BOE, or school, or apartment, etc. and you'll keep the other one with you at the Keio plaza.

The day before you leave Tokyo, you'll send off that last suitcase to your destination. They'll take care of that at the hotel. Then you'll pick up one of your suitcases when you get off the shinkansen (the one you took to the keio plaza). The other should be waiting for you at your school, BOE, apartment, etc.

Also: sending off your suitcase at the Keio Plaza, and the shinkansen, will cost you. I forget how much (like 4000 yen for the luggage, and 10,000 yen for the shinkansen ticket). In my case, I had to pay for it out of my own pocket. A month later, my BOE paid me back.
    Last edited by Micronian; July 16th, 2008 at 04:57.

Does anyone know about how many newbies there are per group? The Chicago list has 16 (not counting Kobe since I only scanned for Hyogo), but some of them may be recent group C upgrades...

I think there's 32 of us who are newbies coming into Kobe, total.
    I'm so tired of playing, Playing with this bow and arrow, Gonna give my heart away, Leave it to the other girls to play.

What's up Hyogo peeps? I just found out today I'll be heading to Shisou-shi, but I won't see any of you for a few weeks as I'll be leaving with Group C. Hokkaido was my only placement request as I was trying to avoid the smothering heat of Japanese summers (fail), but Hyogo looks pretty sweet...well situated for day trips to Osaka/Kyoto. Can't wait!

Hopefully you`ll arrive after this nasty heat wave!

Hyogo is the shiz.

Doesn't do O-ramas

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousVitamin View Post
    Southern Hyogo is the shiz.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    fixed
    Good call.