Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixiやってる人

Default Mixiやってる人

Hey. do any of you guys have Mixi? It's a social networking site. Alone the same-ish lines as facebook/myspace.
    I find it useful for keeping in touch with Japanese friends and for writing practice.

Also for learning all of the crazy japanese emoticons like
    !?(´Д`;) and (*´艸`)クスクス

http://mixi.jp , invite only though.

Also, if you are a JET and you have mixi, are you friends with your students on there? Or is that crossing some kind of ALT-student line?

I love Mixi.

If you have it, add me!

http://mixi.jp/show_profile.pl?id=1483510

If you don't have it and would like an account, give me your email address and I will send you an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Yea, I have Mixi and have a few students on there. It's not really crossing the line. You're here to communicate with the students, and this is one way of doing that.
    that's a tough one.

At uni we were taught to do blogs with your students and things like that but the differences are that they were adult students and it was Australia not Japan.

I would be wary of doing that.

You can do one if you set it up a specfic account for it and get everyones permission (School, BOE, parents)

If you just want to use the same account you use to troll for casual sex with I think you will run into trouble.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

and you wonder why people on BD think you're a pedo?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

CROWD:
    Oooooh!

OFFICIAL:
    Blasphemy!
    He's said it!

CROWD:
    Yes! Yes, he did! He did!

OFFICIAL:
    Did you hear him?!

CROWD:
    Yes! Yes, we did! We did!

Since Mixie is invite only... Anyone willing to send me an invite? :smt005

yeah just email someone who has mixi for an invite. all mixi users have to do is just click "invite" and enter your email address, there's no code or limit like some websites so it's no problem.

also to anyone who does not have a mixi and wants to practice japanese: there are so many people on mixi who want to practice english. you can get a language exchange buddy with relative ease. It is also a good supplement to classroom study (tend to be on the more formal side) if you're looking to learn casual/real Japanese.

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

In-teresting. I'd been using a separate LiveJournal to practice my Japgo, but Mixi sounds like the way to go for actual communication. *PMs someone for an invite*

I have it...but outside of setting up my profile I haven't touched it, haha.
    But yeah, I guess people can also hit me up for invites if the need is out there.
    The woman expresses her gratitude and goes back to Pope's house and sleeps with him.

I've had a profile on there for a while, but I never had any action. Then a few weeks ago, all of a sudden - within the span of a few days - 3 people messaged me out of the blue asking to be メール友 and to help them practice their English and all that. Weird. So I use it a little more often these days.

for a while i had no picture up, then i put a picture up (i guess most japanese people do not do this, i was unaware, i thought it was like facebook) and i got so many messages about wanting to do a language exchange. eventually i had to put a different picture up and changed my nickname and the requests slowed almost to a halt.

so, just put up a picture showing that you're not japanese and write your name in romaji. somehow, people will find you. joining some communities would help too.

I can't believe the fuckwits make you enter a keitai email as well. I don't have a keitai. I entered a fake address, only to discover that you have to answer a confirmation email from your regular email AND keitai email!! Now I have to apply for the damn thing again!! Assholes. :smt097

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimusume
    I can't believe the fuckwits make you enter a keitai email as well. I don't have a keitai. I entered a fake address, only to discover that you have to answer a confirmation email from your regular email AND keitai email!! Now I have to apply for the damn thing again!! Assholes. :smt097
    That must have only come into effect very recently as I walked a friend through the process no more than a month ago and a keitai was not a requirement :idea:
    ditto~ i don't remember that keitai email being a requirement..

What did you guys put as your country, though? Japan or overseas? I put Japan, but maybe if you tick overseas you don't need one?

Looks like that is the case. Samesong = for the win.

I have a mixi account, but I hardly use it, other than really setting up my profile, and keeping in touch with two Japanese friends.

I didn't enter anything for keitai email.

Yeah, I just registered 2 days ago and didn't need to put a keitai address... I put my location as America, but it also has a place for putting where you're from originally, so even once I'm in Japan America will still be there somewhere.

My Japanese skills suck since I hardly make full sentences in it outside of class.... :smt005 But with the help of my lovely denshi jisho and popjisho.com, I've learned a bunch of new kanji and compounds all ready. 8) Also w00t for phonetic radicals and educated guessing.

I have a mixi profile and I use it a lot. If anyone needs invites, just PM me your email address and I'll hook you up.
    Last edited by erisedraine; June 15th, 2009 at 17:25.

I've got mixi as well.. I've had it for going on two years now, and usually take a peek once or twice a day. Feel free to add me as a friend (I'm one of those friend-whores! I'll accept anybody, haha).

http://mixi.jp/show_friend.pl?id=2149304