Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FBI check

Default FBI check

Well I was looking at my credit card billing statement and noticed that my card had still not been billed for the FBI check. I emailed them and they said they didn't yet have my request on record, so looks like I might have to send in another one. Le sigh. Anyone else not been billed yet?

Adam

Did you have them reply to you or your consulate? There's a good chance they threw it in the circular filing cabinet if you told them to send it back to you (which they aren't allowed to do).

Quote Originally Posted by samesong
    Did you have them reply to you or your consulate? There's a good chance they threw it in the circular filing cabinet if you told them to send it back to you (which they aren't allowed to do).
    Not so sure. I put my address on the first form, and JET's address on the authorization form (that later turned out to be useless). Not only did the FBI send the form directly to me, but they did it in under 1 month. The first person to say "ESID" gets a poke in the eye. I'm just saying how mine went. 8)

Mine was billed that following month on my credit card; however, I still haven't received my FBI results back. Are most of you still waiting for your FBI results to arrive or have you already received them?

I sent mine out on april 9th. They said they won't know anything about the Status until june at the earliest. I say chill...I think that Angel told me that I have proof that i sent it in (and I do), I probably won't be sent back to America. But I wouldn't worry about it until june 15th or so. that's when i'm giving the FBI another call if I havent gotten anything yet.
    Yatta, bitch! Yatta!

VIP

Wrong. They will not send it to a third party (meaning anybody BUT you), except if it is a parent or guardian.

Don't go spreading unnecessary panic.

Quote Originally Posted by kotatsu-sama
    Mine was billed that following month on my credit card; however, I still haven't received my FBI results back. Are most of you still waiting for your FBI results to arrive or have you already received them?
    If I remember correctly, mine was billed after 1 week, then mailed out after 4 weeks. I put a rush date on mine, since I'm moving clear across the country on June 29th. jm2c

My card was billed a loooong time ago but I've seen nothing yet. Probably because of my lengthy criminal record.

My card was finally billed a week ago. I sent it out over a month ago, so that would seem to suggest they're pretty back-logged. But that they said they didn't even have anything on record as having recieved the OP's... That seems to me he/she should probably resend it.

I'm resending my own next week, if it makes you feel better. You're not the only one in this boat.

Quote Originally Posted by natsume
    Wrong. They will not send it to a third party (meaning anybody BUT you), except if it is a parent or guardian.

Don't go spreading unnecessary panic.
    My mistake. I thought it was the other way around.

since we still have over 60 days before we leave, i dont think anyone should panic just yet.

Yeah no not panicking at all. I don't really do the panic thing, slightly annoyed if I have to get finger prints done again, but panic no, it's not really my style. I mean we do what we can do, and what we can't do we don't, or something.

Adam

I was about to post a thread about this myself. I keep going, "OMG, what if I didn't sign the form and they just threw it in the trash??" But I think I will email them to see if they even have a record of the request yet.
    "I'm so glad I didn't have to act out diarreah." (Me, 2/20/08, post lesson)

Can anyone tell me the FBI email address, because I am paranoid now.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkDS
    Hey PinkDS,

I also became a bit paranoid and I e-mailed them. They were quick with their response and told me that they would send it to my primary address when it was finished. They even confirmed my address.

This is the e-mail address

do@leo.gov

You guys really are worrying about nothing, though. The only way you aren't going to head over is if you have something on your FBI record. If they don't get it in time, you're still going to Japan.

They know the government is unreliable in terms of getting paperwork back in time, and if they were that concerned with it, they would have stressed it much much more that you HAVE to get your paperwork in.

As long as it eventually gets to JET you'll be fine. They gave you a date they would like to have it by, but nothing that's going to terminate your contract.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldagal
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkDS
    Hey PinkDS,

I also became a bit paranoid and I e-mailed them. They were quick with their response and told me that they would send it to my primary address when it was finished. They even confirmed my address.

This is the e-mail address

do@leo.gov
    Thanks, I am going to email just to be safe.

VIP

I just received my "report", which is just a rubber stamp on the back of my fingerprints which says "no record of arrest", which I already knew.

Now, I just need to get upgraded. My pity for you kids that are still waiting for your placements is....non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by natsume
    Now, I just need to get upgraded. My pity for you kids that are still waiting for your placements is....non-existent.
    My pity is for us alternates who are still putting our life on hold for this job!