Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FBI check

Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    Quote Originally Posted by dai-chan
    I told them I needed it by June 23rd. :?
    And you haven't gotten it back yet?

I said July 21st.
    Nope, not at all. When I call the FBI they tell me not to expect it before mid-August, that they have a lot of requests and you only get expedited if it's a life-or-death situation. I'm beginning to believe my own joke about them delaying it just because my name's Iranian. :?
    I put June 21st on mine and got it on the 20th. :/ Weird.

When did you send yours....? I sent mine... I can't remember, but it was within a week and a half after I got it. Funny thing is the results were stamped April 26th, but they didn't actually mail it until almost 2 months later, and that was only because I requested it to be sent.

I said July 28th like they said to put, and I just got mine two days ago! Whoo-hoo! No criminal record here.

In conclusion, no matter what date you seem to write on it, I think the FBI put all our names on a dart board and filed whichever ones they hit.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenRox
    I said July 28th like they said to put, and I just got mine two days ago! Whoo-hoo! No criminal record here.

In conclusion, no matter what date you seem to write on it, I think the FBI put all our names on a dart board and filed whichever ones they hit.
    or maybe they where suddenly hit with nearly 2,000 background checks in the span of a few weeks. :wink:

Mine was sent in on April 12th, processed on May 2nd (according to the stamp on the fingerprint card), yet it wasn't mailed out to me until June 22nd. You'd think the major holdup would be in processing it, not in mailing out the processed forms. Weird....

Quote Originally Posted by frankdux

or maybe they where suddenly hit with nearly 2,000 background checks in the span of a few weeks. :wink:
    Haha, well, there's also that. My point was that one would think that those who sent their requests out early would receive it early, and those who were late would get it late. And this thread seemed to suggest it was a little more random. Like that Simpsons episode where they meticulously divide recycling into three groups, but it all gets dumped into the same pile of trash in the end.

Haha, well, there's also that. My point was that one would think that those who sent their requests out early would receive it early, and those who were late would get it late. And this thread seemed to suggest it was a little more random. Like that Simpsons episode where they meticulously divide recycling into three groups, but it all gets dumped into the same pile of trash in the end.

I completely agree that it seems it is more random than that. My friend at my same university sent her request in a month later than I did and got it back within a few weeks and I still haven't received mine. I emailed the FBI though and they said they are working on it and plan on sending it within the next few days (finally! They charged my credit card for the request about a month ago...).

I finally got my FBI record in the mail yesterday. Even though I know that I should send it in, I am tempted not to send it in since it looks like I won't be getting upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by kotatsu-sama
    I finally got my FBI record in the mail yesterday. Even though I know that I should send it in, I am tempted not to send it in since it looks like I won't be getting upgraded.
    You know, that's how I felt too, especially since the background check is $18 and the fingerprinting was $10, and I was sick of spending money on JET stuff.

Then the day after I got mine back I was upgraded.

So you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by kotatsu-sama
    Send it! Send it! Don't give up, they are still upgrading. :/ And once people start not showing up at the required pre-departure orientation and/or airports, there'll be another load of upgrades. :[

I agree. Why not send it? Though I did have an urge to frame it despite its boring lack of content.

Anyone on here have a record they want to talk about?

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Quote Originally Posted by gobeavs
    Yeah, I've got Springsteen's "Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ" on vinyl and it's only been played once (to make a cassette from it).
    The Jamaican bar in my town here in Osaka has a nice bunch of records and almost always plays vinyl.
    I know the young'uns like their CDs and their MP3s and whathaveyou, but I like the old familiar scratchy sounds on the turntable meself.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Quote Originally Posted by wicket
    Quote Originally Posted by gobeavs
    Yeah, I've got Springsteen's "Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ" on vinyl and it's only been played once (to make a cassette from it).
    The Jamaican bar in my town here in Osaka has a nice bunch of records and almost always plays vinyl.
    I know the young'uns like their CDs and their MP3s and whathaveyou, but I like the old familiar scratchy sounds on the turntable meself.
    +1

There's nothing lamer than club which has CD-DJ's. Records are better :wink:
    Me Rikey Very Much!!!

Man, I'm gonna miss my vinyl. Hopefully I can be good and not succumb to the temptation to blow a bunch of money on Japanese exclusive records and reissues....

Although on the plus side, I probably don't have to worry about the sure-to-be numerous hip hop record stores that I won't be finding in Aomori.

VIP

Quote Originally Posted by wicket
    Is Rub-a-Dub still there?

EDIT: I'm thinking of Kyoto. But 10 years ago, when I went to the Rub-a-Dub in Kyoto, the owner said there was another one, either Osaka or Tokyo, I don't remember.

My background check finally arrived!

Turns out I'm not a terrorist.

My background check finally arrived!

Turns out I'm not a terrorist.
    I want one too!!! ::stalks mail box::
    "I'm so glad I didn't have to act out diarreah." (Me, 2/20/08, post lesson)

pension received
    still in the middle of no where, but in the U.S at least

mine finally got here! processed on June 1st... arrived July 9th..
    this was all one big hassel i wish i hadn't had to deal with.
    this was my 7th background check in 4 years. I think its clear now that I don't in fact have a background

oh well over and done with. now if my IRS forms would just show up i would be golden
    "To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best, day and night, to make you like everyone else, means to fight the hardest battle that any human being can fight.... but never stop fighting" e.e. cummings

Well I passed, they must not count atrocities committed in previous lives.

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackChef
    Well I passed, they must not count atrocities committed in previous lives.
    Or that late night arrest at the truck rest stop.