Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2 more months

Yah, you should all eat all the Mexican, Italian, American, etc..food you can now because once you head to Japan all you will be eating is Japanese unless, of course, you want to pay an arm and a leg to eat "western" food evereyday.

This thread makes me so happy that I hate Mexican food because that means I won't be lacking in that area which seems to ail so many of you. However, the lack of decent Italian food may make me cry myself to sleep at night ;-;
    "I'm so glad I didn't have to act out diarreah." (Me, 2/20/08, post lesson)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by heatherG
    Sorry, but there's got to be Chicanos behind the counter for me to believe it's really good Mexican food.
    *shrug* Believe whatever your little heart wants. As long as it tastes good, I'm game.
    The woman expresses her gratitude and goes back to Pope's house and sleeps with him.

whaaat? you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for western food. i eat it almost every day.
    fucking genki

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui
    whaaat? you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for western food. i eat it almost every day.
    good to see Jets embracing the local culture.
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

i'm allergic to every kind of fish, seafood and seaweed known to mankind.

besides that, my options are natto and goya.

yum.

i think i'll stick to my steak and mashed potatoes, thanks.
    fucking genki

That would kind of suck balls in Japan. I'm sorry!

But, if you ever have some extra fish, seafood, or seaweed that you don't want to eat, feel free to give it to me. YUMMMMMMM!

for those of you who can't leave mommy's womb and begin a lifestyle of eating japanese food (barring allergies :wink: ) or something different from your everyday staple now, drop out of JET. you're all just a bunch of whiny brats that are taking up valuable spots for alternates that have a genuine passion for japan's culture & food! :smt096

Quote Originally Posted by heatherG
    That would kind of suck balls in Japan. I'm sorry!

But, if you ever have some extra fish, seafood, or seaweed that you don't want to eat, feel free to give it to me. YUMMMMMMM!
    You can have mine too, as long as I can have your veggie tempura and inari.

Apparently there are some Italian restaurants in Okayama-ken due to the olive groves, or so I heard (dombay, tom, can you verify this?)...this would make me one happy half-Italian boy!

Quote Originally Posted by dorovar
    Apparently there are some Italian restaurants in Okayama-ken due to the olive groves, or so I heard (dombay, tom, can you verify this?)...this would make me one happy half-Italian boy!
    From what I've heard, the best we'll get in Okayama-ken is "half-Italian" food :wink:

(I'm recalling Dom's description of sweetcorn-mayo pizza here!)

I'm actually kinda curious about how the Japanese take on Italian food will be, so one of my first things will be scouting out the Italian restaurants and seeing what they have to offer.
    "I'm so glad I didn't have to act out diarreah." (Me, 2/20/08, post lesson)

There's an Italian restaurant in my small town of 3000 apparently

Quote Originally Posted by dorovar
    Yep lots of olives grown here in Okayama and in Kagawa ken too and yes there's a of italian restaurants around the ken.

None of them are particularly good though there is one that's not bad down in Tamano. If you want variety and quality of food Kansai is about half an hour away though.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

Nishiazai-cho, Shiga-ken ---> California, USA

Quote Originally Posted by kurara
    I'm actually kinda curious about how the Japanese take on Italian food will be, so one of my first things will be scouting out the Italian restaurants and seeing what they have to offer.
    Im not really a fan of Italian food but there is a really good place in the MyCal in Omi hachiman (perhaps we could go before I leave Kurara?) that even I like...so its around...I concur on the Mexican though...its a Japanese style mexican (when you can find it) and is nowhere near where it should be in spicy value...just tried a Mos Burger Taco for the first time yesterday...it was good, in a japanese kind of way...your mexican food here will not be authentic...

(but taco Old El Paso and Casa Fiesta Taco sets are starting to be sold in more places now...thats the best mexican Ive had here...)
    You got the BFG 9000...Oh yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman
    for those of you who can't leave mommy's womb and begin a lifestyle of eating japanese food (barring allergies :wink: ) or something different from your everyday staple now, drop out of JET. you're all just a bunch of whiny brats that are taking up valuable spots for alternates that have a genuine passion for japan's culture & food! :smt096
    What a load of bollocks, I eat Western food everyday because Japanese food tastes like arse. Its been a few years since I read it but I don't remember the application form saying it was a requirement to enjoy eating steamed fish penis everyday.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCarter
    What a load of bollocks, I eat Western food everyday because Japanese food tastes like arse. Its been a few years since I read it but I don't remember the application form saying it was a requirement to enjoy eating steamed fish penis everyday.

10/10. Excellent work shooting down the "I'm so tough because I'm doing Japanophile shit on the JET program" nonsense that gets spewed up so regularly on this forum.

I think Japanese food is revolting, even though I majored in Japanese in colege. It's like having someone blow their nose on a plate and then charge you twenty bucks for it.

I wasn't aware having a genuine passion for Japanese food was a requirement of joining the jet program.

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jack_zuta

10/10. Excellent work shooting down the "I'm so tough because I'm doing Japanophile shit on the JET program" nonsense that gets spewed up so regularly on this forum.

I think Japanese food is revolting, even though I majored in Japanese in colege. It's like having someone blow their nose on a plate and then charge you twenty bucks for it.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! :smt005 I thought I was the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimusume
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_zuta

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :smt005 I thought I was the only one.
    I like the language and the culture and all that. But the food? No thanks. When I get back to Ohio, I am going to eat this 27 ounce steak they have at a restaurant I like in Columbus.

I suspect that the majority of westerners who claim to like Japanese food are faking it.