Thread: translate a recipe for me

Default translate a recipe for me

I made cookies with my English club, and now all the teachers want the recipe. so I need to translate it into Japanese. my Japanese is nowhere near good enough for this, so feel free to help out.

ハルゾグ くーキス

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius (390 degrees fahrenheit).

Base:
    250g cake flour
    100g butter
    40ml white sugar
    half teaspoon of salt
    40 - 50ml ice water

Sift flour, salt and sugar into a bowl. chop the butter into small pieces and put in the bowl. rub the butter and flour between your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs. add the water a little at time, and mix in with a breadknife. when it forms a dough, mix it with your hands (work quickly, the dough must stay as cold as possible). Roll the dough into a rectanglular baking pan (the dough should be about 1cm thick). Poke holes into the dough with a fork. Bake for 8 minutes. When it is done, take it out of the oven, and put it aside to cool.

Topping:
    15ml (12g) butter
    250ml white sugar
    3 eggs
    5ml vanilla essence (optional)
    750ml (300g) fine/desiccated coconut
    apricot jam

Cream the butter and sugar with electric beaters. Beat in the eggs and vanilla essence. Stir in the coconut with a spatula.

Spread a thin layer of apricot jam over the cooked base. then press the topping onto the base (press quite firmly so that the cookies don't crumble). Put back in the oven for another 8 minutes, or until the cookies turn golden brown.
    Cut the cookies into squares while still warm.
    * And the Lord said unto John "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster. *

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

OK, this is what I came up with. My kocho sensei helped me with the "sifting into a bowl part".

It's probably weirdly worded in places, but it should be understandable at least. Let me know if they have trouble understanding any of it.

PS: I am totally making this tonight. :smt005

ハルゾグ・クッキー

始める前に、オーブンを200℃で予熱する。

ベース
    ケーキ用小麦粉 250グラム
    バター 100グラム
    白砂糖 40ml
    塩 茶さじの半分(2.5ml)
    冷やした水 40~50ml

小麦粉、塩、砂糖を、網のこし器を使って、ボールにためる。バターを小さく切って、同じボールに加える。ボールの中の材料がパンくずみたいな様子になるまで、指で擦る。少しずつ水を加えて、パン切りナイフで混ぜる。ねり粉の様子になる時、手で混ぜる。(注意:ねり粉がなるべくつめたいままであるべきなので、なるべくはやく混ぜる。) 長方形のトレーに塗る(1cmぐらいの厚さで)。フォークで小さい穴を開ける。8分間焼く。出来上がったら、オーブンからとって、別のところに置く。

トッピング
    バター 15ml(12グラム)
    白砂糖 250ml
    卵 3個
    バニラエッセンス 5ml(抜けてもいい)
    乾燥ココナッツ 750ml(300グラム)
    アンズのジャム 

バターと砂糖を、クリームみたいな様子になるまで電子ミキサーで混ぜる。卵とバニラエッセンスを加えて、よく混ぜる。ココナッツを加えて、へらで混ぜる。

焼いたベースの上に、アンズのジャムを薄く塗る。その上に、トッピングの材料をのせて、押し固める。(注意:強く押し固めないと、クッキーが崩れやすくなる。)またオーブンで8分間、またはこげ色になるまで焼く。できあがったら、冷めないうちに小さい四角に切る。
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

Colour me impressed!

I have to write a short essay in Japanese on women's choices between working and having babies and which woman I'd like to marry.

Seeing your recipee translation almost inspired me!

Almost .. i don't want to marry either of them
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

az

Lol, good luck with the essay.

kiwimusume: you are made of awesome!!! if I were ever to have children, I'd have to request that they be yours.

dombay: and the feminist inside me screams, why can't a woman do both?

[edited for extreme typo stupidity]
    * And the Lord said unto John "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster. *

Quote Originally Posted by dombay
    Colour me impressed!

I have to write a short essay in Japanese on women's choices between working and having babies and which woman I'd like to marry.

Seeing your recipee translation almost inspired me!

Almost .. i don't want to marry either of them
    Thanks!

And I don't know what about that essay amuses me more - the polarisation (not that I'd do both - I have a hard enough time juggling a cushy job and the JLPT, letalone a regular job and one or more dependent miniature people - but if other, more organised women want to do it, that's their prerogative) or the fact that, um, you don't want to marry a woman! What are you going to say? And what's this essay for, anyway?

And hey, no probs Andreyla!
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

I have to write the essay as a diagnostic thing for the bootcamp in Osaka. No dictionaries or JTEs writing it for you. Though it's not like they can check ... but then it seems like i'd be cheating myself more than i'd be cheating them if i were to cheat ...

It is a pretty arsey sort of essay though. Its only 2 pages but handwritten, no cheating with IME or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dombay
    I have to write the essay as a diagnostic thing for the bootcamp in Osaka. No dictionaries or JTEs writing it for you. Though it's not like they can check ... but then it seems like i'd be cheating myself more than i'd be cheating them if i were to cheat ...

It is a pretty arsey sort of essay though. Its only 2 pages but handwritten, no cheating with IME or anything.
    I guess they'd soon find out if it was your own work once you got up there. Don't quite understand why you can't use a dictionary, though. That's a bit wanky.

You totally have to PM it to me when you're done, or at least tell me what you wrote.

i'll send it to you and you can laugh at my hideous japanese!