Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interc and Nova

Default Interc and Nova

My buddy just graduated and was thinking about applying to Interac and Nova (by the time I told him about JET it passed the application deadline).

Anyways, he asked me about these companies and since I know very little I thought I might get some useful info here. (I've already read some threads on these companies).

Anyways:
    1) He has a 4 year B.A.Sc degree from a State University. Is that acceptable to get a VISA?

2) If he does go to an interview, what kind of educational documentation do they ask for, and what needs to be supplied?

I think he is confused since he did his first 3 years at technical college, and his last year at the state uni. He has both a 3 year diploma from the technical college, and a 4 year diploma from the state university (he took a bridge program).

This means he has 3 years worth of credits and transcripts from the college and 1 year of credits and transcripts from the uni.

Everything is accredited, but he didn't do the full 4 years at the state uni..

I interviewed with both Nova and Interac earlier this year. They didn't ask for any educational documents to be submitted at time of interview (I haven't graduated at the time), but asked a copy of University degree to be submitted if I decide to accept job offer.

For the interview, there was an application form (For Nova) that had to completed with photos attached to be brought to the interview, but that was it. As for interac, the application form had to be submitted prior to interview. Basically, the application just has a whole bunch of education info, work experience info that had to be filled out, pretty standard.

With a bachelor's degree, your buddy should have no problem getting a visa through nova or interac. I think Interac hires without university degree for short term positions (called internship positions). I don't think the split of educational institution would have mattered as long as your buddy has the bachelor's degree certificate to prove his completion.

The applications for the new jet year'll be out in October. If i were him/her i'd wait till then.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

Just go for interac, its the same as JET and the slight difference in pay is made up for by the fact you dont end up in the back of beyond.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

He could have done three years at the shittiest community college as long as he actually graduated from the University. No one can tell by your diploma how many years you spent there. The University name on the diploma is where you got your degree and that's that.

tell hime to wait till Jet application starts again. its not that long and its worth it.
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

Quote Originally Posted by tedcase
    tell hime to wait till Jet application starts again. its not that long and its worth it.
    Yep!

is it?

bullshit from the boe
    mindless meetings every 5 minutes
    shitty ajet
    having to live 8 hours from the nearest major city
    throwing the dice on the whole ESID thing

damn nigga, just take the 150 quid a month pay cut and live the easy life.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Cool, well I will tell him about this thread, and if he has anymore questions about this stuff, he can register and ask here.

As for JET, I know he can't wait since he has to have a job by August since his parents are making him move out of the house. lol

Sounds like he might feel more comfortable living a country where it's normal and acceptable to live with parents beyond the age of 18.

Too bad his parents don't live there.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCarter
    is it?

bullshit from the boe
    mindless meetings every 5 minutes
    shitty ajet
    having to live 8 hours from the nearest major city
    throwing the dice on the whole ESID thing.
    Waiting seven months to find out you still don't have a fucking job.

What is better Nova or Interac?

Nova looks as though it might go out of business in a few months but then the average nova/interac employee doesn't seem to work for them that long anyway.

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Lux
    Sounds like he might feel more comfortable living a country where it's normal and acceptable to live with parents beyond the age of 18.

So, in *checks location* the United States, paying cheap rent (if any) and few bills (if any) at home and putting what you save towards, like, your startup money for JET, is considered abnormal and socially unacceptable? I'm glad I'm not American...

Btw, if I were in his situation, I'd probably apply for Nova and Interac, as well as any other similar companies (Geos, Aeon, etc). If he doesn't like it once he gets over here, he can always find something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

So apply to both Nova and Interac? It would be good to know which one would be the more enjoyable and a more beneficial company to teach for.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimusume

So, in *checks location* the United States, paying cheap rent (if any) and few bills (if any) at home and putting what you save towards, like, your startup money for JET, is considered abnormal and socially unacceptable? I'm glad I'm not American...
    It would be one thing to move back in with them for a couple months to save up money for JET, but if you're in your 20s and have never *not* lived with your parents, then yes, you are pathetic.

I can't imagine living in a society where one's parents threw them out at 18. In my province the general standard is to live at home until you complete university at least, unless you live too far to make the commute/are going away to school, or have serious communication issues with your folks.

It would be one thing to move back in with them for a couple months to save up money for JET, but if you're in your 20s and have never *not* lived with your parents, then yes, you are pathetic.
    Where's that big rolleyes.gif?
    The woman expresses her gratitude and goes back to Pope's house and sleeps with him.

Quote Originally Posted by meganegaki
    I can't imagine living in a society where one's parents threw them out at 18. In my province the general standard is to live at home until you complete university at least, unless you live too far to make the commute/are going away to school, or have serious communication issues with your folks.
    I don't know how many people are necessarily getting thrown out. It's more of a reflection on one's own character for choosing to live in a state of prolonged childhood rather than take responsibility for one's self. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, we get along great. But extending your dependence on them after the point at which you're supposed to be an adult isn't a good thing.

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by meganegaki
    I don't know how many people are necessarily getting thrown out. It's more of a reflection on one's own character for choosing to live in a state of prolonged childhood rather than take responsibility for one's self. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, we get along great. But extending your dependence on them after the point at which you're supposed to be an adult isn't a good thing.
    Whereas me, I don't understand why anyone would turn down cheap (or free) rent/bills while they're studying just to show how "adult" they are. If the commute isn't possible or you have serious issues with your parents, as meganegaki said, then obviously you have no choice, but if the only reason is because "it's what the cool kids do", then to me it kind of seems like you're wasting resources that are open to you.

But I guess it depends on the society you live in, and that society's perception of what it means to be an adult. Where I'm from, for example, it's OK to live at home, but someone who doesn't work and pay board or contribute to the family's expenses in some way would probably be seen as a bit soft. Then you've got the extremes - the societies where it's OK to live at home without paying expenses, and the societies where anyone who lives at home is a pussy. I like the happy medium my area seems to have found, but it all depends on what you're used to, I guess.

And Spring, if I was being picky I'd wait and apply for JET, but it looks like this guy's not in a position to be picky (unless he wants to work in his town until he gets into the program he wants most, which is another option) so if it was me I'd apply for any English teaching job I could. The more you apply for, the more chance you have of getting hired by one of them, and like I say, if he doesn't like it he can always find a new job once he gets over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.