Thread: whatd'yacall'em?

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Default whatd'yacall'em?

So, at your school, what are the following called? (Yes, I did leave my dictionary at work - so please help me out here):
    1. Cafeteria staff
    2. Maintenance staff
    3. School nurse
    4. Gardening staff
    This is for the newbs in August, so sensible answers onegai.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Interesting! My school has no maintenance staff nor garden staff. The gardening staff appear to be one office lady and kocho-sensei. And the school nurse is not here most days.
    Dr Peterson: 'I'm a schoolteacher'
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Just looked at my school's website, and this is what they call them:

Cafeteria staff: chouri-in (though I just call them kyuushoku no hitotachi, lunch people.)

School nurse: yougo kyouron, though I hear "hoken no sensei" far more often at school. Most people (teachers and students) seem to just use her name.

Maintenance staff/Gardening staff: We have one guy who does both. His official title is youmu-in, but again most people seem to just use his name.

Slightly off topic, the bastards still have my pred's name as the ALT, even though I've been here nearly a year. I know the site hardly ever gets updated, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.