Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: JLPT Apps Out

particles suck donkey's balls. They just don't want to click with me
    Dr Peterson: 'I'm a schoolteacher'
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

agreed
    Polyester: Fabric from the rendered fat of dinosaurs. Amazing.

Its like any language though ... like when you learn a European language you need to know what prepositions go with what verbs and nouns. There's general rules in J but you really need to learn some verbs with their particle.

I on the other hand am worried about learning all these bloody kanji in time
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Have you started on the grammar yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimusume
    Have you started on the grammar yet?
    Nope But my 3q grammar is certainly up to scratch!

Seriously though, still about 200 kanji to learn before im at the magic 1000 mark. I am thinking this is going to be a case of doing well in reading and kanji and poorly in grammar and listening.

I am hoping that my kanji and reading marks are good enough to make up for shitty grammar and listening marks.

This will be an interesting experiment!

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

For Level 3, do you have to get 60% for each section as well as 60% overall for a pass? Coz my grammar is okay, listening is fine, but kanji is going to bugger me up, I'm sure!
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

I always thought that as long as you get more than 240/400 for the whole thing you're fine, but I could be wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

san q? prfh. I can do that!!

Sanq kanji only 300 jaro. Good. Easy! Ganbatte!

You aree much better than 3q wicket! You are a good J student.

Quote Originally Posted by wicket
    For Level 3, do you have to get 60% for each section as well as 60% overall for a pass? Coz my grammar is okay, listening is fine, but kanji is going to bugger me up, I'm sure!
    60% overall is required to pass. If you score perfect on grammar and listening, you can afford to get zero points on the kanji part.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas
    60% overall is required to pass. If you score perfect on grammar and listening, you can afford to get zero points on the kanji part.
    Reading, which is the same section as grammar, is worth the most though so you need to know your kanjis for that, too.

Not long now kids. Shouldn't you be talking about it?

No - we are studying!
    Thanks for the kind words, Dom, but not true, tragically. I think what you meant to say is that I SHOULD be better than 3q by now!
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."

Well Wicket, mate - I don't want to sound over critical now because its too late in the game for that but a lot of the people in this prefecture, friends who have about the same length of time studying as me, are surprised at what JLPT level im doing.

I was going to do 3 just like they are - but the teachers are this course i attended in Osaka demonstrated with my test results why I should do 2 - which is why I am.

I don't think im any better at J than some of those people, in fact im pretty sure a couple of them are streets ahead of me, but it's just that 2 is daunting to the confidence. It LOOKS hard and it is - but I study hard and am motivated so I'm doing it. Though it's hard its not impossible and I think that too many people that are capable of 2 do 3 instead because it's scary. I was certainly going to but I changed my mind upon the advice of the teachers in Osaka.

Now im regretting it in a way truth be told - it's bloody hard work. But in another way i look at 3q material now and im glad i didn't settle! Its far too easy for me now that ive done so much intensive study. I think a lot of people are like me but never sat down with someone who knows their shit with their test results and discussed it and discussed a realistic study plan. I think that a lot of people are actually a lot better at J than they think they are.

Having said all that i'll probably fail 2q this year but I don't think i'll fail by much - and it will have been a good experience from which I learned a lot.

Edit: I was quite clearly drunk when I wrote that post that you referred to, Wicket. You can tell because it makes no sense and I said 'Jaro' which isn't even a word outside this bumfuck part of the world - but still I think there's a lot of truth in what I said. I still think you're probably capable of more than you think you are.

thats if you turn up this year. Excuse me if I take lectures about confidence from you with a pince of salt.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Shut up, George, he's a lot more help than you've ever been.

Dombay, if I were still at my old school I would have taken 2q, because I would have had lots of time to study. As it is, I'm lucky if I can study an hour a day. New school is busy but great and for some reason the social life has really picked up this year, too. Great for conversational Japanese, not so good for 2q grammar!

Oh I agree, I really took his example to heart and I myself will be chickening out and not taking the test this year.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCarter
    Oh I agree, I really took his example to heart and I myself will be chickening out and not taking the test this year.
    Ah yes George, but I've learned a lot from that too!

Anyway can you pick up some dommies on the way down? It's a bit BFI out here so we cannot get them here before your spectacular rogering.