• Reading

2 12.50%
  • Listening

3 18.75%
  • Vocab

2 12.50%

Thread: JLPT Weak Points

Default JLPT Weak Points

Right so i did a practice test today. My weak point used to be listening then i practiced that a lot now im getting good practice marks. Now my weak point is apparently grammar. Strongest point still kanji.

What's yours? What are you planning to do about it?

Mm?
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

i'm pretty sure mine's grammar.

my strong point is definitely kanji, strangely enough. mostly because i love studying them and pick them over other forms of japanese study any day, so i'll definitely know all of them by the time the test comes round.

starting a conversation class tomorrow, so hopefully that'll improve the listening abilities!
    fucking genki

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Hands down listening and vocab. Thank god I have the summer holidays to study my ass off.

Strong point seems to be kanji.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

Listening...def. listening...I don't even listen well in English

Jaqui im the same - i like kanji best so study it more - but truth be told its not my ifrst exposure to kanji so i guess that helps.

Everyone says that listening is the easiest part when you live you here. It's not. You need the practice. The sorts of dumb conversations that take place in the test are nothing like the japanese i use with my neighbours and colleagues.

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dombay
    Everyone says that listening is the easiest part when you live you here. It's not. You need the practice. The sorts of dumb conversations that take place in the test are nothing like the japanese i use with my neighbours and colleagues.
    So true. And I don't know about you, but I've never heard a lecture on statistics or about imaginary farm implements in real life.

@PunkInDrublic: I'm exactly the same!
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

wow how do you do it? Reading is my weakest point for sure.....

i can never finish that section....i dont real a lot in english either so maybe it is just that i read slow.....

listening is my strongest point got a 89 on it 2Q last year but reading gave me like a 40 and my failing by %7 probably could have been helped if i could read faster......

good luck to everyone, i am not taking it this year, i am going to study alot, and not that i am working at Kencho i use japanese everyday so i just saaid fuck it, i am going to take 1Q next year with out having passed 2 yet.......fingers crossed thumbs touched or whatever...

☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

The nearest Kencho to me is in Kagawa ken but I still use Japanese every day!

Reading I am pretty good at because i get lots of practice with all that bullshit that lands on my desk everyday. Ugh.

well i was asked to not use japanese at school at all, so i never got to practice, just after school at the store or the video rental place doesnt really count.....

Quote Originally Posted by markteacher80
    well i was asked to not use japanese at school at all, so i never got to practice, just after school at the store or the video rental place doesnt really count.....
    Sure it does! But I know what you mean - i didn't mean to sound shitty at you.

:smt008 cheers!!!!

My grammar sucks, but that is simply cause I hate studying it. Kanji is pictures so not difficult. Listening and reading I just have to practice more so that I get faster at comprehending.
    Damn grammar :cry:
    Dr Peterson: 'I'm a schoolteacher'
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

i suck at vocab. once i actually learn the vocab word i can usually get the kanji no problem, but it's just a matter of learning the words and flashcards do not really help me

It's interesting that everyone seems to suck at grammar but be good at Kanji. I think with kanji though is that you have a set list of what needs to be learned. We're told it's the hardest part of Japanese so we put loads of effort into studying.

I suck basically at reading long sentences or long passages, because the time I've read the first bit I've forgotten the previous bit. I also find if there is no kanji at all. I seem to be even worse at reading!