Thread: Minna no Nihongo

Default Minna no Nihongo

Is there a way to find the answers to the exercises without buying the answer book or bugging Japanese people?
    I just don't want to fool myself into studying the wrong thing ops:
    Dr Peterson: 'I'm a schoolteacher'
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

Wait.. it didn't come with it?

When I got Minna no Nihongo it came with a thin paper booklet that had all of the answers.

The 1st book I have does not have the answers
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Default Re: Minna no Nihongo

Quote Originally Posted by Narniaru
    Is there a way to find the answers to the exercises without buying the answer book or bugging Japanese people?
    I just don't want to fool myself into studying the wrong thing ops:
    Here you go Narniaru:
    http://www.n-lab.org/library/download/index.html
    The site is in Japanese, but look for みんなの日本語 and go from there.
    It comes from this site:
    http://www.n-lab.org/library/index_e.html
    which is in English; and there's tons of other resources, including practice JLPT questions etc.
    Ganbatte!
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

a question from jimmydaprawn that i don't know the answer to - with minna no nihongo, you have to buy the translation and grammar notes one, yeh? cuz the actual textbook is only in japanese?
    fucking genki

Well, frankly, Jimmy could have asked me that when I finally met him at orientation. Although that's probably my fault, since his accent led me to believe he was British. After he'd told me his ITIL handle. It wasn't til I was on the train on the way home that I thought "Oh, THAT jimmydaprawn. Jacqui's been training him. I remember now..." Oops.
    Anyway, he could try the online resources I made a link to in my previous post. I think most of the stuff you have to buy is on there.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."

heh heh. i think he just went to look at the books yesterday after i recommended them to him, and discovered the main textbook was all in japanese.

yeh, he and i have similar accents - it's got a lot of brit in it. :P

thanks wicket. look after him for me will you? ^_~
    fucking genki

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui
    a question from jimmydaprawn that i don't know the answer to - with minna no nihongo, you have to buy the translation and grammar notes one, yeh? cuz the actual textbook is only in japanese?
    There IS an English version of the pink book. You can find it at some of the larger stores. I nearly bought it by mistake. I doubt they would for the second grade book because by then you should not need it.

This grammar is screwing with me left right and centre
    THANKS Wicket!

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui
    thanks wicket. look after him for me will you? ^_~
    I will if he asks for help, but I doubt he'll need me. He seemed to have his act together all right. Nice bloke.

Oh crap. I DID buy it by mistake. I am briefly resurrecting an old thread because I was searching through the forums to explain how the heck I was supposed to use this book.

So, I'm supposed to buy the book full of Japanese, and use THAT?? I am trying to mostly self-study, how is this supposed to work?

The way it's supposed to work is that you should get the first book listed here. Then you get the first book listed here. Then you read through each chapter in the latter book (the translation), which will teach you the relevant grammar and vocabulary. Then you read through each chapter in the former book (the main book) and complete all the exercises etc. You can even listen to sample sentences and conversations if you buy a CD set. And then you move on to the next chapter and repeat.

Ok! Thanks!