Thread: school map

Default school map

What is the Japanese for school layout/plan/school map? Lesson start again this week so I really want to know my way around. I know if I want to ask if they have something I say 'ga arimasu ka' but I left my dictionary at home so I'm not sure what the word is.

Thanks!
    "The exquisite art of idleness, one of the most important things that any University can teach" -- Oscar Wilde

Maybe get the kids in your ESS class, or a class to draw you a map in English
    Dr Peterson: 'I'm a schoolteacher'
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

VIP

Is there such a thing?

Just walk around on your free time and figure it out, your school can't be a labyrinth or anything.

If you find a minotaur in the middle though, take pictures.
    Fight like a grapefruit, aim for the eyes.

also, my teachers always take me with them to the classroom
    Dr Peterson: 'I'm a schoolteacher'
    Porter at Empire Hotel: 'Thought so: they always look as if they've lost something' -From "Spellbound"

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KateW
    Just walk around on your free time and figure it out, your school can't be a labyrinth or anything.
    +1. Or get someone to show you around.

Quote Originally Posted by KateW
    If you find a minotaur in the middle though, take pictures.
    After yesterday's thread, I now have a mental picture of minotaur!Kitty-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

All schools are required by law to have maps that show the toilets and fire exits. Plus they use them on the programs for things like cultural festivals. You could try getting ahold of last year's program and see if there is a map on that. Or you could ask for "gakkoo no shuhenchizu", which, according to the JTE I just asked, is a map of the school and grounds.
    Wandering is all well and good, but it's more fun with a map in hand. You could ask kids to help you with the names of rooms, though; or to help translate the whole map into English, if you traced just the building outlines etc.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Thanks wicket. I went and tried it out but the office got confused and tried to find me maps of the town. In the end I had to get an english teacher to get a plan and explain it to me.

I suppose I should have just done that from the start but I wanted to give it a try myself first. My problem is that because I've only really been learning Japanese for 3 weeks or so, if the answer isn't a simple iie or hai I have trouble understanding/explaining further.
    "The exquisite art of idleness, one of the most important things that any University can teach" -- Oscar Wilde